• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ron Paul

flyerstud4

Just seeing if anyone has any thoughts or comments about this guy. I have mostly questions. Does he really have a chance? He has raised alot of money. I feel like he is huge threat to both parties, because he is doing things differently and his campaign is totally funded by small donations from average people. I think it is well over due that we have a fresh start in Washington, this guy could be the start.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
You are kidding yourself if you really believe that he has any chance of affecting the outcome of the primary...let alone the general election. The US political system, at present, is simply to stilted to the advantage of the two major parties. No chance...right it down....and that is a shame.

Doesn't, or at least shouldn't, stop you from voting for...or supporting him. Vote your beliefs...period.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
yeah he has a snowball's chance in hell of catching the Republican Nomination. If he runs as an independent, which is pretty likely, He will probably pick up more votes from the republican side....but, I really dont think he is going to have any large effect.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
No chance he will get elected.

Too bad...he's the most honest candidate we have seen in decades.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I am puzzled by the extent of military support for a candidate who wants to slash defense spending by 80% and pull the military back to CONUS. That's not the military I joined. If I wanted to sit in CONUS and police the border I would have joined the border patrol.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
He'd be a great candidate... if 9/11 never happened or Islamo-Fascism wasn't an issue. That being said...

Also, heads up - Border Patrol and US Customs personnel are in Iraq as we speak. They are kitted out and carrying M4 carbines like all our Navy IA friends and the rest of the groundpounders. These guys go through plenty of BS CONUS and OCUNS, all the while making a positive contribution.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I am puzzled by the extent of military support for a candidate who wants to slash defense spending by 80% and pull the military back to CONUS. That's not the military I joined. If I wanted to sit in CONUS and police the border I would have joined the border patrol.

yeah...I wasnt going to get into a who likes who politics conversation but he is definately not my favorite

flyerstud4

I am puzzled by the extent of military support for a candidate who wants to slash defense spending by 80% and pull the military back to CONUS. That's not the military I joined. If I wanted to sit in CONUS and police the border I would have joined the border patrol.[/quot

80 percent? Where did you pull that number. I think you've had one too many at the Hawk. He was in the military and all hes ever said, is that we are too spread thin. Which like him or not, is a fact.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor

80 percent? Where did you pull that number. I think you've had one too many at the Hawk. He was in the military and all hes ever said, is that we are too spread thin. Which like him or not, is a fact.[/QUOTE]

He talks all the freaking time about cutting military spending. He intends to solve the "spread thin" problem by bringing everybody home.

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/taylor/taylor031706.html

CONGRESSMAN PAUL: It's the respect for liberty that is the problem. We don't have enough respect or understanding or confidence in liberty. That is the real problem. To cut back on government, you have to have the people understand the issue of liberty. So, my biggest goal has been in the area of education, as well as this little political effort I am involved in. But oh, I guess I would get rid of the Federal Reserve, get rid of the IRS, bring our troops home, and cut down to only about 20% of what we are spending on the military - those things would bring about a tremendous boom in this country, but it is just not going to happen.

I won't delve into his other issues, but his stance on the military is very relevant to this particular group. I'd sooner serve under Hillary than Ron Paul.

P.S. He was an Air Force flight surgeon. All the more reason to dislike him. :D(apologies to feddoc). Not to tramp on his service, but it's hardly a job requiring or imparting much appreciation for foreign affairs.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He'd be a great candidate... if 9/11 never happened or Islamo-Fascism wasn't an issue. That being said...

Also, heads up - Border Patrol and US Customs personnel are in Iraq as we speak. They are kitted out and carrying M4 carbines like all our Navy IA friends and the rest of the groundpounders. These guys go through plenty of BS CONUS and OCUNS, all the while making a positive contribution.

There are a just a tiny handful compared to the troops. There are all a lot of government people deployed over there that are not troops.

P.S. Oh yeah, he doesn't have a snowballs chance......good thing too!

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Like I said Before, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he was mentally retarded:

"The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington."
-Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) on the GOA
This may not be the best time to bring this up but, Ron Paul is Retarded...

http://spaceramblings.blogsome.com/2007/11/05/why-ron-paul-is-like-forrest-gump/

http://beginnorth.com/blog/2007/08/12/ron-paul-is-retarded/
“Ron Paul is retarded, or ‘mentally handicapped,’ in more ways than one,” said Jason Fremont, director of Political Affairs for the University of South Carolina. “But it is inspiring to see someone so retarded running for president.”

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
There are a just a tiny handful compared to the troops. There are all a lot of government people deployed over there that are not troops.

That is true... I just wanted to throw it out there. I'd almost rather been in Iraq than the souther border. At least you don't have to worry about the Mexican Consulate lodging a complaint every time you choose to defend yourself.

Heck, most of the Border Patrol Agents and Customs Officers are former military anyway...

He has the potential of being the next Ross Perot, should he run as an independent lets hope for a dehabilitating problem of some sort. Being the nice guy that I am let's hope for a full recovery AFTER the election. :)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think he's a bright and honest guy, but libertarianism is more appealing as a philosophy than a workable political plan. If he does run as an independent, then he'll be pulling votes from the Republicans.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I think he's a bright and honest guy, but libertarianism is more appealing as a philosophy than a workable political plan. If he does run as an independent, then he'll be pulling votes from the Republicans.

As a libertarian, I don't support him, due to his lack of support of this current war (which war in a Libertarian POV is a "last resort", which I feel this war is) but think 90% of his ideas are great...IRT the above comment, I totally disagree...the reason it's not a "workable" plan is because it would demolish the chokehold that a lot of the government monopolies---Department of _fill in_the_name_here_ -----have on the American public.

Especially horrible is the regulatory nature of all the departments of the governments that allow them unrestricted legislative abilities that should be reserved for the legislative bodies established in the constitution.

Just my $.02 though.