• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Role of PFT/PT in TBS Class Rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

yammered

I was curious how one's PFT/PT plays into TBS class rank. In short, could one potentially be 1st in one's TBS company without holding a 300 PFT? I know this is a hard question to answer due to all the factors taken into consideration for the class rank but if anyone could shed any light I would appreciate it.

Crowbar

None
You'll get a breakdown when you get to TBS. Don't sweat it too much until then. Just know that the 2 most highly weighted events are your first and second command evaluations, at 14% and 22% respectively.
Most of the tests are about 2-4% each.

HueyHornet75

pilot
Remember,

TBS is about leadership. Very few events there can crush you other than those command evals. But those are based, in part, by your peer/spear evaluations. Are you a pt stud who isn't a team player? Do you lead by example? Do you have a 50 lb brain for those TDGs, but are only average in pt? Those will be the big factors. It is a total package. You learn a lot, but then, you still have to know the game. As far as finishing first, that is a very lofty goal. Those who finish in the top are a) good at the game, b) sh_t hot Marines, or c) both. By the end, it will really come down to tenths of points. If you can get in the top 5%, you can get a meritorious augmentation. top 10% gets you a letter of achievement or something.

Why does this really matter? In 3-4 years, when you're up for Captain, and you are in the top of your peers from date of commissioning, it is the difference between pinning it on in October, or pinning it on in May.

Semper Fi

reapergm

All I can say is that I hate being 5'9". Humps suck. And doing the double O course 2x the next day, and then a 4 mile run, is def an arse kicker!!

Crowbar- Are you in the platoon that got to play Dodgeball for PT the otherday!? What is that about!?

Status
Not open for further replies.