• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Roger Ball, good and not-so-good questions about the world of "Paddles"

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
If you are serious, its the trigger for the foul deck lights....LSO can visually signal a waveoff with it. These are red and green lights on either side of the TD zone, which glow green for a clear deck, and blink red for foul deck. I believe the airboss also has control of these, though I could be mistaken

Yes I am serious and thanks. I was watching of video of landings for the LSO area and there were about four or five of them doing that.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I have absolutely no idea what moive you're talking about. But then again, I did grow up in a remote cave in Alaska, raised by bears...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's all relative.....

If you have to know, I was going to add it to my gaming playlist. That is all.

To you it's relatively, rather EXTREMELY, IMPORTANT, but you can see how relatively important it is to everyone else and the feedback you are already getting for elevating your EXTREMELY IMPORTANT need to attention of the forum that is dedicated to Naval Aviation. Since you're still seeking board approval, I guess you need something to occupy your time, but realize your needs to enhance the enjoyment of your gaming playlist and as a "Level 70 Assassination spec Undead rogue in my spare time" :eek: might need a little adjustment that the other posters are willingly providing to help you along.

blur

A-pool
To you it's relatively, rather EXTREMELY, IMPORTANT, but you can see how relatively important it is to everyone else and the feedback you are already getting for elevating your EXTREMELY IMPORTANT need to attention of the forum that is dedicated to Naval Aviation. Since you're still seeking board approval, I guess you need something to occupy your time, but realize your needs to enhance the enjoyment of your gaming playlist and as a "Level 70 Assassination spec Undead rogue in my spare time" :eek: might need a little adjustment that the other posters are willingly providing to help you along.

I still can't believe the reaction for asking for an audio clip...The format of my post was a joke, which looks like it hit the nerves of a few people. So is the quote you took from my profile...it's actually a quote from somewhere else...

I knew this topic was taboo before I posted, but damn, an AUDIO clip, an AUDIO clip? An audio clip...

Anyway, if you guys want to sticky this, go for it and I'm glad I could occupy everyones time...haha...

MB - is that an actual pic of her? :D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, while the Manatee did get quite large, she never did get THAT big.

She's still young and has demonstrated she has potential though

And to Blur, and the format of your post being a joke. I believe we all get that and are returning the gesture in kind. :icon_wink At least I know I was....

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Shall we sentence him to "Death by Manatee"?
FatChick.jpg

MY EYES!!!!!

Nose

pilot
If you are serious, its the trigger for the foul deck lights....LSO can visually signal a waveoff with it. These are red and green lights on either side of the TD zone, which glow green for a clear deck, and blink red for foul deck. I believe the airboss also has control of these, though I could be mistaken

WARNING: THREAD CREEP

MidnJac is a little confused. (As a MIDN, that is his job!)

The Green and Red lights on the side of the deck are the "Deck Status Lights". They signal to the LSOs and other people who need to know whether the deck is clear of foul. They are controlled by the Arresting Gear officer who stands in the catwalk starboard side aft. His switch is a dead man switch which must be held to keep the green light on. If he drops it, or is decapitated by a passing jet, the deck will go foul.

The switch that the LSOs are holding is called the "Pickle Switch" It controls the cut and waveoff lights on the IFLOLS (the meatball). The cut lights are the green lights above the ball that used to be used to signal a cut (i.e. pull the throttles to idle) on the old straight deck ships. These days, the cut lights are used during an EMCON or ziplip recovery to call for power without using the raido. The waveoff lights are on either side of the ball and signal the pilot to go around and try again, hopefully with a lower level of suckiness.

LSOs hold the pickle switch over their head when the deck is foul. It tells the AGO and the Boss that they know the deck is foul.

Class dismissed. Back to the thread.

Attachments

• fresnel_lens.jpg
    fresnel_lens.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 198

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now blur go back to what you were doing before this thread...
paint1.jpg

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Once you are in the "biz" its not cool to like the movie that might have been your original inspiration?
If top gun came out today instead of in the 80s it would make our job (at a minimum the jet guys) be a whole lot cooler to the general public than it already is.

But no, other than like file sharing programs, I wouldn't know where to find it.