• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rod in Femur (Waiver Denied)

Cloak

Just a little bit of info from my end. I have a titanium screw in my right wrist. I had a hairline fracture my senior year of high school. I'm 25 now. The screw cannot be removed yet does not impede any range of motion or interfere with anything at all. I have all the paperwork printed and ready to hand to MEPS personnel pending I get a pro-rec.

When I did my paper work for ANG they approved me after a few weeks once they got their follow up to make sure nothing was wrong with my wrist. I'm sure i'll find out it will be the same. I was told that the screw in my wrist would not be a DQ for Navy as long as the paperwork clears and they see that I can pass the PRT without an issue.

Coast Guard on the other hand...both Officer and Enlisted recruiters have told me it is an instant DQ if you have anything foreign in your body that shouldn't be there.

Not sure if this helps but it's where I'm sitting at right now.

cnstoll

Cloak,

I posted a new thread on this board about a situation similar to yours. Perhaps you'll have some comment on that, but I do have a separate question for you.

How long did it take for your wrist to heal once you had surgery and the screw was inserted? What was your recovery like?

Thanks in advance,

- Conrad