• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RIOT trainer on windows 7

Achillius

Hey,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get version 5.1.4 working on a windows 7 operating system? I got the beta version for version 6 to run but it's supposedly buggy. Appreciate the help.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I got the old version to work on Windows 7 without any problems. Have you tried it out and it didn't work?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
What is the advantage of running the RIOT software on your computer? Are you nerding it out to where you are flying instruments at home to practice?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What is the advantage of running the RIOT software on your computer? Are you nerding it out to where you are flying instruments at home to practice?

The advantage? You don't have to be in that soul-sucking room that is the academic computer training room.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I installed it in primary so I could run some of the canned routes before the instrument flights started. I rocked out those flights as a result since I knew exactly what I was looking for in my navaid indications.

FlyinRock

I'm unable to get the site via my laptop. Can you send me a link?
Don't know the problem. Probably a case oif old dumbass Marine!!!
Semper fi
Rocky
Still fumbling along at LAFB

lawilm

Hey,

Does anyone know if it's possible to get version 5.1.4 working on a windows 7 operating system? I got the beta version for version 6 to run but it's supposedly buggy. Appreciate the help.

I don't know anything about this program yet but I can mention something to you that may help. You can run (on certain windows 7 suites) Windows XP Mode and should help with compatibility of other programs.

I refer you to this link

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

To download everything you will need. From there you should have no trouble (I would assume unless its a 64-32 bit issue) running the said program.