• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RIOT Trainer and Flight Sim T-34C

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwilke01

Hello all. I've enjoyed reading the posts from former present and future Navy Flight Students. I'm an SNFO soon to graduate from API (next week barring any injuries) and have been looking for the famous 'T-34C Instrument Panels and Aircraft' for MS Flight Simulator, as well as the 'RIOT' Trainer.

It seems that all the links I've found through airwarriors.com or navygouge.com are old and expired.

Any help would be appreciated, and even if you had the files that you could zip up and email to me would be greatly appreciated. Cheers and Fly Navy!

Hal

PeacoatMan

Hal,

Check this out: http://www.cnet.navy.mil/tw5/nawctsd/website/index.html
I haven't downloaded any of it. I plan to soon -- let me know how it goes.

Joey

Jack

I'm not sure how much help either of those would be. I know that the Microsoft T-34 panel actually looks like the cockpit, however none of the instruments actually 'work' in way that would teach you anything. As far as the RIOT trainer, it is more of a pain in the butt than anything. It is very old software and often will not work properly - that is my experience anyway. Besides, all you really need to know is that 1) Heads fall - Tails Rise 2) Tail - Radial - Turn 3) Pay attention to the "to/from" window and 4) The further you are from the TACAN station - the longer its going to take you to cross the radials.

good luck
jack, VT-7 NAS Meridian

jec

Kraftwerk

Hey there.
You should be able to get the Sim CD offa Student Control in API, or later from the book issue lady at Griffith Hall where all your Fo academics are taught. In my "salty" opinion, the T-34 in Flightsim98 or 2000 (depending upon which machine you sit down at) does not at all fly like the real thing. You've got no trim and that makes staying straigth and level diffucult at best. The real thing is easier to fly I thought. I did put the sim to limited use when practicing for my outlying field work, just being able to recite the precedures at the appropriate spots in the pattern, but for a lead-in to the real thing, forget it. The RIOT trainers are very basic, you'll do a lot of sim work in the 2B47 trainers and those are easier to use than the RIOT, which is more like a draw-with-a-crayon-cut-with-an-axe kinda thing.

karl

Status
Not open for further replies.