• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RIOs to WSOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

topher1235

This is posed towards Marine Corps NFOs that transitioned from either the F-4 or A-6 to the F-18. How are your roles different now than they were in previous platforms? Are you received differently now that you might be flying with hornet pilots that have not flown with an NFO before? How are the duties split up between Pilot/WSO, because I've heard that the hornets computers do many of the tasks that before were the responsibility of the NFO? Are sending hornet crews (pilot/WSO) to Top Gun still or are the slots reserved for single seaters? B/C my dad went when the Marine Corps was flying F-4's, but since the F-18D replaced A-6's in the Marine Corps do they designate these squadrons more towards FAC/TAC anad not bother sending WSOs through Fighter Weapons School? I'm ask b/c I'll be deciding between WSO and ECMO and was curious as to what the current environment is in the fleet for WSOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.