• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rifle and Pistol Qual?

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
donny- sorry must have missed that you're marine, so you won't experience what i did for pistol quals in adv.

ave8tor- not bad gouge at all, its just my experience, as is what everyone posts on here... their experience. if you are navy, without a qual yet, hit adv jets, you will shoot. its on every single new class' schedule for the first friday after ground school. i did it many months ago, and new classes are still doing it to this day. so not bag gouge, its correct, it just may not apply to him seeing that he is marine and may or may not have jets in his future. dont be so quick to shame... you may have never heard of it or experienced it because you went through a couple years ago, things DO change sometimes...

Things must be different in Kingsville because I just left Meridian about 2 weeks ago and have not heard of anyone doing anything like that.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Ok so as for as the MARINES go your MOL page states Exempt under the next qual date or when your qual expires. So you will not do it in Pensacola. Go do it as recreational, to kill some time and stress.

Bevo16

pilot
...We're still in the "Marines" forum right?

Let's see...

It's owned and operated by a Navy guy,
It's a small, mostly ignored, portion of the larger structure,
Nobody pays much attention to it unless all hell breaks loose,

Yup, it's the Marines forum.

:D

teabag53

pilot
...and there is continual chime-in on behalf of the Navy like they know what is going on.:icon_tong

Yep. Most def in the Marine forum.

Phoenix1

OK, son, you're right about one thing, "things do change" and everyone's experience may or may not be applicable to someone else. During the years I've been at Kingsville, I've seen the pendulum swing from "everyone shoots" to "nobody but security shoots", so please use a little more humility when explaining how your bad gouge isn't bad gouge. You can't know whether Donny will get to the qualification range or not.

fair enough, point taken and lesson learned.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
Let's see...

It's owned and operated by a Navy guy,
It's a small, mostly ignored, portion of the larger structure,
Nobody pays much attention to it unless all hell breaks loose,

Yup, it's the Marines forum.

:D

Well played! I had to read it 5 times before I got the reference to Marines being Department of the Navy.