• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reverse Thrust For Push-Back

snort

Banned
ruxtmp said:
Below is a setup of the proposed electric drive. Its been awhile since I did motor design but electric motors are capable of tremendous output torque. There are numuerous electrical control methods to keep current draw low so an aircraft apu could power it. The manufacturers website goes into the technical details of how this is done and is typically what I see in high power electric motor applications. As for added weight I saw no mention of it but is probably a couple hundered pounds per gear.
Running on a hydraulic drive may actually be less efficient as you incur losses from the hydraulic pump and the the hydraulic drive instead of just the motor.

getasset.aspx
Interesting concept, but, think I'll with with ol Cessna for now.

I was on a Delta flight a few months ago, that I'm sure used reverse thrust to push back. Kinda made me freak for a moment.

BigRed389

None
The word torsion and all those labs where we just twisted a metal bar apart keep comign to mind.

But then, these guys are professional engineers so if they say it's a good idea...

snort

Banned
BigRed389 said:
The word torsion and all those labs where we just twisted a metal bar apart keep comign to mind.

But then, these guys are professional engineers so if they say it's a good idea...
Yeah it's a good idea. Just like they said early engines were a good fit on the Tcat. Only killed one of my mates.

(Warning and note to readers: snort has not been able to verify that he is a Naval Aviator)