• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

retro NFO ad

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
He's obviously wearing his poopie-suit and carrying the comm-box, because he just heard one loud ring on the command bell....

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For all the self loading baggage/talking altimeters :))) out there, found thie attached image at Steeljaw Scribe's site...it was included in a piece he wrote on the 43rd Anniversary of the NFO.
I'm old. I have an original poster that was part of that campaign. Mine is what is called a transit card. You know, the ads that go up along the roof line inside buses and trains. As I recall, the inspiration for those pictures was altitude record flights by Navy F-4s. They wore pressure suits because of the extreme altitudes. I think the slogan still works. They should resurrect it.

phrogpilot73

I'd like to see someone send it in saying they want more info, to see if it makes its way over to the Recruiting Command... :)

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Just noticed this... what's that giant metal thing coming out of his crotch? Kinda weird...

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I think those are zipper pulls or some part of his flightsuit.

Could be the zippers on the g-suit. The Navy ones we had until the service common one zipped from the bottom up and had tags like that on them.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Could be the zippers on the g-suit. The Navy ones we had until the service common one zipped from the bottom up and had tags like that on them.

After doing some googling, I think it's a Navy Mk IV high altitude flight suit (the mercurcy spacesuits were derived from it). Sadly, I couldn't find a good pic of it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
For all the self loading baggage/talking altimeters :))) out there, found thie attached image...

A GREAT ad .... but as I remember when it came out, "we" had a slightly different take on the line: "An NFO is something else ... " I will leave it to you to connect the dots .... :D

BN's, RAN's, RIO's, ECMO's, GIB's .... they're all great spots and great jobs.

dsc01915mu8.jpg

"They" saved my butt more than once ... and I saved THEIR butt(s) more than once.

I love Naval Aviation.