• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Retiring/separating reserve officers who transitioned to GS

Did you, or would you only transition to an equivalent paygrade from reserves to GS?

• +1 or more

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • +/- 0

Votes: 2 25.0%

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • -2 or more

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

SELRES_AMDO

I heard a rumour that it excluded booze. But I'll wait for someone at the register to turn me away.
They sent an all hands email out at my work specifically stating booze and tobacco are not allowed. I don't know if workers actually care.

That being said, does anyone in CONUS really shop at the exchange? I remember the NASNI exchange being mostly overpriced garbage compared to Amazon/Costco. The super Walmart by my house was cheaper than the commissary. OCONUS is a different story.

Wonder if this will affect reserve recruitment since VA disability or GS jobs gets you on base and exchange access. I remember when I joined the reserves the big selling point from the recruiters were base access and commissary privileges.

Pags

N/A
pilot
They sent an all hands email out at my work specifically stating booze and tobacco are not allowed. I don't know if workers actually care.

That being said, does anyone in CONUS really shop at the exchange? I remember the NASNI exchange being mostly overpriced garbage compared to Amazon/Costco. The super Walmart by my house was cheaper than the commissary. OCONUS is a different story.

Wonder if this will affect reserve recruitment since VA disability or GS jobs gets you on base and exchange access. I remember when I joined the reserves the big selling point from the recruiters were base access and commissary privileges.
NEX access is nice if you work on a base. Also decent prices on kids clothes, name brand stuff, and electronics (or may as well get it tax free). Or maybe if you're on base for a change of command and your wife needs flip flops for the after party because her fancy shoes are giving her blisters.

But I can't imagine going out of my way for one or joining the reserves to get access to one.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Events that transpired today, prior to reading this:

I go to the self-checkout at a commissary with a sandwich. As a non-commissary regular, I immediately just try to scan the sandwich so I can pay.

Commissar: "You scan ID, siiiiir."

Me: "Oh..." Pulls out CAC, scans both bar codes and nothing happens. "So...which ID?" Then I pull out my retirement ID and it scans immediately.

Commissar: "Retirement ID, siiiir."

Maybe the machines hadn't received Chuck's memo yet.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I'm a reservist/GS and once tried to scan my Civ ID to see what would happen. It worked and let me purchase food.
I think it all leads back to the same MilConnect database. If you got to MilConnect you can see your various roles if you have them. Back when I was in the IRR and a CTR for my day job if they scanned my green stripe CAC at the gate it showed up that I was an Officer and the gate guard would salute me. Which was weird when I was in full on civie mode.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I think it all leads back to the same MilConnect database. If you got to MilConnect you can see your various roles if you have them. Back when I was in the IRR and a CTR for my day job if they scanned my green stripe CAC at the gate it showed up that I was an Officer and the gate guard would salute me. Which was weird when I was in full on civie mode.

Go old school and slap a blue strip on the windshield...then slap a rank sticker on top, so those gate guards know who they're dealing with!

Pags

N/A
pilot
Go old school and slap a blue strip on the windshield...then slap a rank sticker on top, so those gate guards know who they're dealing with!
The first time it happened I had no idea what was happening because I wasn't a "practicing reservist" and I hadn't been saluted or thought about saluting protocol in ages. And the gate guards didn't scan your card during rush hour. But then I came in at an off time, the guy scans my card, and then pops a salute and won't give me my card back until I acknowledge it. I was dumbfounded. But I fixed that problem by resigning from the IRR the instant my obligation was up.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Events that transpired today, prior to reading this:

I go to the self-checkout at a commissary with a sandwich. As a non-commissary regular, I immediately just try to scan the sandwich so I can pay.

Commissar: "You scan ID, siiiiir."

Me: "Oh..." Pulls out CAC, scans both bar codes and nothing happens. "So...which ID?" Then I pull out my retirement ID and it scans immediately.

Commissar: "Retirement ID, siiiir."

Maybe the machines hadn't received Chuck's memo yet.
Are you no longer working air ambulance?