• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Retirement Planning One Year Out

Rugger

Super Moderatress
Super Moderator
Contributor
I also posted this in the "we need a retirement sub," but just in case.

Got this from an Army guy on LinkedIn. My husband/pet hinge/baby daddy is on his last month of terminal leave, and like a dumb bunny, I was too busy "working" to pay attention. So, got these Cliff Notes instead. I think its pretty useful. YMMV.
V/R
Rugger, almost a civilian

Attachments

• Retirement Planning (1 YR Out) FEB 2020.pdf
    885.7 KB · Views: 85

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
I like it a lot! My last year followed this plan pretty closely. Main difference for me was that I spent lots of time (and leave days) in months t-minus 4-6 attending targeted veterans transition programs. I attended Deloitte CORE and Breakline Tech. Many others (especially retirees) attended a Commit Foundation retreat and loved it. These types of experiences broadened and improved my network tremendously. Ironically it caused me to rethink some of my plans but I was better prepared for my interviews which peaked 45 days prior to my retirement date. It allowed me to enjoy my shorter terminal leave (30 days) having accepted the offer I wanted.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I also posted this in the "we need a retirement sub," but just in case.

Got this from an Army guy on LinkedIn. My husband/pet hinge/baby daddy is on his last month of terminal leave, and like a dumb bunny, I was too busy "working" to pay attention. So, got these Cliff Notes instead. I think its pretty useful. YMMV.
V/R
Rugger, almost a civilian

Thank you for posting this. Very helpful. I hope you don't mind, but I've added to my retirement checklist. Thought it might also help others. Additionally, my checklist was created pre-COVID, so some timelines might need adjustment. Best to absorb with hops and barley. Hope it's not too confusing (makes sense to me).

Cheers.

Attachments

• Retirement Checklist.xlsx
    858.1 KB · Views: 36

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's something some may find useful. Sent to me by a friend.

Attachments

• Transitioning Service Members Cheat Sheet.pdf
    153.7 KB · Views: 45

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I like it a lot! My last year followed this plan pretty closely. Main difference for me was that I spent lots of time (and leave days) in months t-minus 4-6 attending targeted veterans transition programs. I attended Deloitte CORE and Breakline Tech. Many others (especially retirees) attended a Commit Foundation retreat and loved it. These types of experiences broadened and improved my network tremendously. Ironically it caused me to rethink some of my plans but I was better prepared for my interviews which peaked 45 days prior to my retirement date. It allowed me to enjoy my shorter terminal leave (30 days) having accepted the offer I wanted.
I’ve heard great things about Stanford Ignite, too.