• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Retirement and last flight in the Navy after 20 years....

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Bunk my man, congrats. I'm envious. I know that when it comes time for me to retire (a mere 2 1/2 years away) there will be no hosing down for my last flight... Why? Because my retirement date is going to coincide with the last flight of the Phrog, and I would expect that there will be enough brass around that no one is going to want to risk it. What has our service(s) come to if that's the case...

For the sake of humanity, I hope that someone throws water on you.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
In the Marine Corps, reservist or not, you will be charged with hazing. This is not an exaggeration, or a misinterpretation from higher. This comes straight from the top.

Bah, we still hose down guys on final flights.

Alto53

pilot
Congratulations Bunk! From someone who stepped out in '03, good luck and enjoy it, you've earned it!

phrogpilot73

In the Marine Corps, reservist or not, you will be charged with hazing. This is not an exaggeration, or a misinterpretation from higher. This comes straight from the top.
Concur. It may (or may not) still happen, but again, with the amount of brass that will likely be at my final flight... I'm not holding my breath.

MasterBates

I'll do the soaking. What they gonna do, pass over for LCDR in the reserves?

Sent from a van down by the river via Tapatalk

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor

Good to know that the "spirit of Naval Aviation" is alive and well.

What the #^*+ is the matter with us?

MasterBates

Someone might file a hurt feelings report, then we will all have to do a NKO class on "any unwanted, unnatural human-water interfacing is hazing"

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Someone might file a hurt feelings report, then we will all have to do a NKO class on "any unwanted, unnatural human-water interfacing is hazing"
Just make sure it isn't water. We soaked down our last battalion commander with 5 bottles of champagne.