• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

resubmitting for AMDO

H60Gunr

just curious to know as i'm submitting a letter of reconsideration what the chances of being considered 'more closely' are now that the package is going before the same group that rejected it? anyone get picked up lately?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Obviously it can't hurt to reapply. I don't think it's a negative that they already turned you down, because you never know how many quotas there are. You may have been passed over when there were 2 or 3 quotas available, and the next one may have 10. It's alot of luck and timing.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Always always reapply. Persistance is your friend in this system. No penalty at all!

H60Gunr

my reconsideration letter included another interview by a 1520 designator (LCDR) and other facets regarding aviation maintenance that i've completed since it was last rejected. one possible reason why my package was rejected, as mentioned earlier, is quotas. my last package happened to be submitted at the end of the fiscal year. maybe i need to research other threads but when my package is submitted again, all designators I've selected are taken into consideration again, right? thanks.

ad2

I would definitely resubmit. When I talked with the guys up in Milington they said it all depends on when they receive your package. And if you are applying for the AMDO program like I did, they told me out of an avg of 35-50 packages they receive each month, they only select 1 or 2. So don't be discouraged...keep submitting.

Wannab_a1525

Just got snagged up!!!!

My recruiter called me in early Jan. to get my letter of reconsideration in with my package. It must have worked, because he called me Weds. (Feb. 15.'06) And told me I was selected for 1525. So keep submitting your package!! The first time I got shot down, I got discouraged and wanted to get out. I didn’t think I’d get it this time around because I’m not finished with my M.S. degree. Good luck and keep applying!

Wannab_a1525

"Congrats."-> Thanks :) i dont think it has set in yet....

Coming from Active Duty? -> No, i was active for 4 1/2 yrs. been a SELRES for he past 5 1/2 yrs.

"When's your OCS date?" i dont have any information yet. i've just seen the selection board results.

usmc96

If non recommended for a board I was told by an OPO that I had to wait six months before reapply. True / Not True?

I have no time to wait for six months. (Old)