• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Restaurants

warpo2

okay, so with all the places going out of business, what's the latest recommendations for good places in Corpus?

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
theres no shortage of decent mexican food in corpus. my personal favorite has to be taqueria el potro...and for anyone in pensacola, theres a great place called cobalt down in perdido key...great burgers and happy hour on fridays, and convenient to the orange beach bars if thats your thing

warpo2

just thinking a gift certificate would mail easily for xmas. So looking at corpus places not p'cola.
Did every place I recommended on the Island close?
sorry, didn't see where that list was
theres no shortage of decent mexican food in corpus. my personal favorite has to be taqueria el potro...and for anyone in pensacola, theres a great place called cobalt down in perdido key...great burgers and happy hour on fridays, and convenient to the orange beach bars if thats your thing
thanks, I'll make a note of these

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
So how come this thread is kosher, but the thread about the batman movie isn't? I like both burritos AND the newest batman movie so just wondering what the criteria is for determining what threads are cool and what aren't.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So how come this thread is kosher, but the thread about the batman movie isn't? I like both burritos AND the newest batman movie so just wondering what the criteria is for determining what threads are cool and what aren't.
Because it started out as a guide to eateries in various duty stations. What's the compelling imperative to discuss Batman on this site? IMDB has a forum.

Brett

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
Thread resurrection:

Headed to swim soon, where to eat/drink near Whidbey?
Assuming you've got a rental car, make the 35 min drive up to Anacortes. I'd recommend A-town Bistro or Adrift as the 2 best restaurants in town. A-town has an amazing seasonal craft cocktail list, and Adrift has just started one as well although I have not sampled it. The made to order clam chowder at A-town is fantastic and one of my go-to items on a menu which frequently rotates seasonal dishes.

If you're looking for craft beer, Bastion Brewery (also technically Anacortes, but a bit closer to base) is owned by a husband and wife team of former Growler aircrew. The beer is great; they've recently brought in a BBQ grillmaster and their menu has gotten really good.

If you just want to stay in Oak Harbor, Flyers is the go-to pub-food and beer restaurant, although I'm not a huge fan. If you're looking for something a little better, the owners also have an Italian restaurant in town called Rustica which my wife and I really like.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
Thread resurrection:

Headed to swim soon, where to eat/drink near Whidbey?

If you're gunna go east up to the mountains on SR20, check out Annie's Pizza in Concrete.

It's my all time favorite, and regularly makes many lists for WA food places. Won't say it's objectively the best but they've got good homemade stuff and a good unique flavor/style.

Its out there but the drive up 20 is nice if you've never done it.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you're gunna go east up to the mountains on SR20, check out Annie's Pizza in Concrete.

It's my all time favorite, and regularly makes many lists for WA food places. Won't say it's objectively the best but they've got good homemade stuff and a good unique flavor/style.

Its out there but the drive up 20 is nice if you've never done it.
North Fork Beer Shrine is a similar haul for a unique (if a bit kitschy) experience. Up north on 9 and 542.

Also worth mentioning in a more reasonable commuting distance are Seabolt’s fish and chips with the chipotle lime tartar sauce, and the BBQ Joint, which is as good BBQ as you’re going to find in WA State. Holds up well with some places I’ve been in the South.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
North Fork Beer Shrine is a similar haul for a unique (if a bit kitschy) experience. Up north on 9 and 542.

Also worth mentioning are Seabolt’s fish and chips with the chipotle lime tartar sauce, and the BBQ Joint, which is as good BBQ as you’re going to find in WA State. Holds up well with some places I’ve been in the South.
Ah, second Seabolt's for really good seafood in Oak Harbor.

BBQ Joint is good as well, but for beer and BBQ I'd definitely recommend Bastion. They honestly give BBQ Joint a run for the money.