• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve Jobs in Wyoming?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
thread jack to a thread jack (ka-pow): you raise an interesting question MB: is paying someone a retirement check for doing the "bare min" a good deal for a government / military that is gonna take a $500billion kick in the pants come Wednesday?

The cuts don't take effect until FY 13.

MasterBates

But then again, look at what they saved in an AD retirement by letting/making me get out, along with our sailors getting PTSd/ERBd, with decent records.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
IA's are changing.. There is a thread over at sailorbob about them dropping by about 50% in FY12. With MB's 2 year dwell, that will give him plenty of time to feel it out.

MB, I think I've mentioned this to you before: have you thought of redesignating? I know more than one pilot who has done the deed, mostly due to the situation you are in (location) and due to O4 and above promotion prospects.

Would suck to do all of that work to stay flying to be passed over for O4.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
MB said:
By bare min, I did mean the "one weekend a month, two weeks ADT a year, with no surprise deployments/mobilizations"
I offer this only so that you can learn the Reserve alphabet soup... The "two weeks a year" (which is currently about 12 days, I think...haven't seen the new message) is called AT, not ADT. ADT is additional money they throw at you that puts you on active duty. Again, just to help you understand the funding acronyms.

IA's are changing.. There is a thread over at sailorbob about them dropping by about 50% in FY12. With MB's 2 year dwell, that will give him plenty of time to feel it out.

MB, I think I've mentioned this to you before: have you thought of redesignating? I know more than one pilot who has done the deed, mostly due to the situation you are in (location) and due to O4 and above promotion prospects.

Would suck to do all of that work to stay flying to be passed over for O4.

If you're in a hardware unit as a pilot and you don't make O-4, you're doing something wrong. I know there's plenty of other places to be in the Reserves, but if you're a flying pilot, making O-4 is like catching a head cold. All you gotta do is breath. O-5 isn't all that hard either.

phrogpilot73

If you're in a hardware unit as a pilot and you don't make O-4, you're doing something wrong. I know there's plenty of other places to be in the Reserves, but if you're a flying pilot, making O-4 is like catching a head cold. All you gotta do is breath. O-5 isn't all that hard either.
I was going to weigh in, but wasn't sure if it was the same in the Navy SELRES as USMC SMCR. O-4 is like making O-3 on AD. O-5 is like making O-3.5 on active duty. It requires work on your part NOT to get promoted to O-4/O-5 in the reserves.