• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve EDO DCO

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Congratulations! Even though I am in the Air Force and not the Navy (after going 0 for 3 on Navy DCO boards), I too am dealing with being a non-prior and being old by military standards.

For me, once the euphoria of being selected wore off, it turned in to "Ok, what the **** happens next?" and I felt a bit helpless. I obviously can't speak to the Navy's processes when it comes to issuing uniforms/CAC etc, but I am sure you are in good hands.

That first time you put on the uniform, take a deep breath and soak in that feeling. It's surreal.

Thank you very much sir! I hope all in the Air Force goes well for you.

Currently, I'm too busy fighting multiple people unhappy with the result and feeling a sudden need to establish a dictatorship on my life to feel euphoric haha. For some reason, being an EDO (or anything) in the Navy Reserve in their minds equals active duty full-time special forces guaranteed suicide mission AND quitting my job/career. It's difficult to reason with people who don't understand 1) what the reserve component of any military branch entails and 2) any of the many reasons and interests I have in joining the armed forces. And the only time my job will ever be affected will be 6+ mobilizations ~4 years down the line at the earliest, and if my workplace decides to try anything funny, that's why there's lots of laws around this sort of thing.

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
I got selected for the Navy Reserve Engineering Duty Qualification Program and received an email this morning.

While this is incredible and I couldn't be happier, I'm also very confused as I've been told repeatedly my age/experience is an issue and I have voiced such concerns. I'm also non-prior.

I have little idea where to go from here. I'm told there's drill next month, but I have no idea how to get a CAC, fill out paperwork, uniforms, etc. I'll be emailing these officers, certainly, but if anyone could point me to somewhere on this forum to get a head start, I'd be much obliged.

There's a number of people from this forum I'd like to thank and I'll do so once I'm on a computer again. Also many others IRL and I'll be thanking them personally.
Congrats sir!

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
Don't know how I forgot this one! My RSO found out I had a MIL CAC photo in civilian clothes and gave me 'The Look, and made me go right back to RAPIDS and get an appointment for another CAC.

My #2A would be to take all your dependents with you, if possible.
If I could add a #7 to the list, it would be to get your CAC registered for 24/7 access to the gyms on base. Never know when you'll need get a free workout in.
Didn't think I could take my dependents with me, but it makes sense. Were you able to get your dependents sorted without a formal appointment for them or did you have to schedule a separate appointment for them as well?

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Didn't think I could take my dependents with me, but it makes sense. Were you able to get your dependents sorted without a formal appointment for them or did you have to schedule a separate appointment for them as well?
It differs by specific RAPIDS locations. Generally the appointment will say the max number of folks they'll service per appointment.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Applications should be due by now for the JAN board. Best of luck to all applicants!

Funny seeing that comment from July. Patience, understanding, and some charisma can convert even brazenly and militantly anti-military individuals into Navy fans. No one's raising hell with me anymore. :)

Chance_EDO

Still a Pollywog, not yet a Shellback
Applications should be due by now for the JAN board. Best of luck to all applicants!

Funny seeing that comment from July. Patience, understanding, and some charisma can convert even brazenly and militantly anti-military individuals into Navy fans. No one's raising hell with me anymore. :)

I wish I could apply but unfortunately, my OR said I can’t. Wishing you all the best my friend Sculpin!

cbeez

I failed the Ishihara test. Currently enlisted and I had to do the additional test (light flicker etc) to get in. Is this an automatic disqualifier for EDO?

cbeez

If you pass the FALANT then I believe you should be ok
Where can I get Falant? Can I do it on my own if my MTF didn’t have it. My recruiter doesn’t really care and doesn’t even respond.
P.S I took Falant when I enlisted and is already in my medical records. I can’t go to MEPS without recruiter.

exNavyOffRec

Where can I get Falant? Can I do it on my own if my MTF didn’t have it. My recruiter doesn’t really care and doesn’t even respond.
P.S I took Falant when I enlisted and is already in my medical records. I can’t go to MEPS without recruiter.

In all the MEPS records I reviewed the FALANT was given at MEPS

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Which recruiting district are you in? Why don't you call up the CO of that district (you can Google it) and ask?

Take some initiative. Jesus.

Wouldn’t go as far as to call the CO but you can call the OPS Officer who works there.

Plus, most if not all NRD websites won’t list the COs phone number for that reason.

But I agree 100% on the rest of your post.