• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve AEDO Community

easki

Hi all,

I’m debating a change of designator request and have been looking into the AEDO community. I’m looking for some more info on what the community does during drills and AT, and the potential for mob. I’d probably be looking at Pax for a drill location.

For background, I did 10 yrs AD as a 60R pilot and transferred to SELRES about 2 yrs ago. I have a masters degree in Aerospace Engineering and have been working in the field for the last 2 years. I have been increasingly unhappy with SELRES for 2 main reasons - I’ve been Admin with my unit for 1.5 years and it’s getting to me; also, I understand mob is always on the table, but I hear 1315 mob potential is more of a when than an if. I just want a few years to start a life before getting mob’ed. Leaving and rejoining is not an option since I am at the age limit. I hope that switching to a specialized community (if they’ll have me) would be a better version of SELRES for me.

I think I’m at the limit of what google can tell me, so I’m hoping someone on airwarriors has some ideas. Any information or thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

taxi1

pilot
I'm some years out so I'm sure my gouge is bad, but...

Which coast are you on? Your rank? Your background sounds ideal.

A key to getting in to the AEDO community is to do a turn with them in a unit as a 13XX. Most 1515 are in NAVAIR, but they are also in the SPAWAR and ONR units. But NAVAIR is home base.

This page has good info, and the guy at the end of the phone number can answer your questions.

SELRES_AMDO

I've done some time in NAVAIR reserve program.

The missions are cool and I was lucky enough to get a unit that contributed to something. As you probably figured out, there's some reserve units that don't really have much of a mission and the leadership doesn't try to engage active duty. NAVAIR was the opposite.

The downside is all of the reserve issues are still there and senior O-3s/O-4s are expected to be DHs. So that part is lame since you end up chasing the NOSC around during the week to get stuff done.

Can't really answer your 13XX question. I see a lot of them in NAVAIR but I'm not sure if they did a change of designator or just stayed 13XX. I know my NFO friend stayed 13XX since most of the billets in the unit were coded 15XX or 13XX. That obviously varies with where you go.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

easki

A key to getting in to the AEDO community is to do a turn with them in a unit as a 13XX. Most 1515 are in NAVAIR, but they are also in the SPAWAR and ONR units. But NAVAIR is home base.

This page has good info, and the guy at the end of the phone number can answer your questions.

Thank you! That website has a lot of good information. I’ll definitely reach out and talk to them.
I am an O-4, East Coast. I haven’t done any time at Pax though. Still worth a shot hopefully!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...also, I understand mob is always on the table, but I hear 1315 mob potential is more of a when than an if. I just want a few years to start a life before getting mob’ed.

Definitely a 'when' and not an 'if', every new 1315/1325 I saw come in the last decade was tagged for a MOB after 2-4 years in the reserves bar the folks with medical issues. That might change with Djibouti and a couple of others going away but I think it'll be gradual if it does.