• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rescue Swimmer

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
There is no "rescue swimmer" rating in the Navy. I believe that most rescue swimmers are of the "Aviation Warfare Systems Operator" rating. You'd have to check with a recruiter to see if the rating is available in the Reserve.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Sure, the candidate would just have to go to ARSS. I'm also sure the pre-screening process would be "invasive", to ensure the success of the investment.
Getting the reserves to pony up to send a candidate there is the issue. If the reserves need swimmers, they'll fund the candidate to go. That's really the question.

I'd call the HSL-60 AW shop in Mayport to ask. They generally get their folks from the 5 active HSL squads next door.

Ralph

The reason I'm asking is they just made resuce swimmer its own mos. But I'm not sure if that is going to be an option in the reserves. Thanks.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The reason I'm asking is they just made resuce swimmer its own mos. But I'm not sure if that is going to be an option in the reserves. Thanks.

That's not exactly true. It was already a sub-specialty and now that everyone is being made an AW, it's part of the AWs in helos. Regardless, there have been cases in the past, but it's rare. Apparently HS-75 took two at one point, but they still had to pass RSS before they could be a swimmer.