• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Req's for board

Status
Not open for further replies.

klray77

I'm submitting for SNA in the very near future and have some questions
icon_smile_question.gif
about what they will need for the selection board. Well, really I just need to know if they have to have my flight physical for the selection. I've already got everything else, ASTB, evals, whatever else. I had the PRK last January so I'm in the process of having another flight physical done with my new eyes so that I can medically qualify for SNA, I'm currently qualed SNFO. I've heard both ways: Yes, they do need the physical for the board, and No, they only need your physical done by commissioning (MAY '03). Any information would be much appreciated, especially if it means I got to get those guys over in the Branch Medical Clinic to get off their rears and help me out.

aviatormo

When I sent my package off to the Flight Board the initial medical physical was a must. It is my understanding that it is what is used to qualify you for the flight physical once you arrive to OCS.

Moses Smith

Dave Shutter

If you were initially qual'd for FO and are re-doing your app for pilot then yes, you'll need (and want!!!) a new flight physical with the new eye-exam for pilot. Make sure you're an SNA before you sign anything, that is, don't let them shuffle you off to OCS as an NFO, with the guarantee that..."they'll take care of it when you get down there." Seen that happen a few times.

klray77

Well, I'm not applying for OCS. I'm an NROTC student right now so I'd be going straight to API after graduation. But from what I'm reading I'm thinking that I should go ahead and have a complete physical redone before I submit for SNA to the selection board. Thanks for the info.

Ken

Dave Shutter

Not sure how ROTC does it, maybe you guys can get full flight physicals, but if not I imagine since you've already had an entrance physical that all they would do is put you in a chair and do ballpark anthro checks. These of course won't be official or even accurate, you'll get put in the real chair when you get down here.

If you can get a full flight physical before you get here great. Otherwise you'll be waiting in line at NAMI first thing in the morning like everyone else. P-3 rack-time boy was NROTC, ask him.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by Dave Shutter
P-3 rack-time boy was NROTC, ask him.

Ahh the jealousy speaking, Dave I have more flight time asleep in the rack than you have flying! [:p]

As for a full flight physical, I got the regular commissioning physical in Jax, but once I got to API I had to do the physical again there. They tried to give me the long form physical, since they claimed they didn't have any of my workups. But, I brought my commissioning physical with me, and they took it and gave me the short form physical instead, which still included the dreaded eye exam.

icon_smile_question.gif
Maybe Gatordev has some more info, he probably took the initiative and drove from Gville to Pcola to get the full physical (in between stash duty at the unit and grading Nav test for an unammed LT that was more busy chasing MIDN around).

[8]Ghost, yes, UF has an NROTC, keep up with us son, I know it is hard, but damnit, you are going to get eaten alive in the plane if you can't think faster than that.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Now your thinking! Turn on the autopilot, yell at the Nav to plug the next GPS waypoint, and have the FE turn up the music on his portable MP3 player, and finally break out your lunch and sit back and enjoy the view. And you thought driving a bus wouldn't be fun!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
LOL, you know, funny that you mention movies. One of the craziest things is walking through the tube of a P3 during a transit, everyone has their laptops out and watching movies!

As for a date, well, it IS a coed crew many a time.

One of my Primary Instructors told me a story from his days flying the E6 TACAMO, said he went to the back of the plane to get something, and "stumbled" across two of his crewman going at it, he quietly made his way back to the front of the plane leaving them undisturbed. He told the pilot at the controls to run the "Fire of Unknown Origin" drill, LOL, after he had briefed the whole crew on the way back to the front. Everyone was watching as these two people scrambled back into their clothes and tried to head back to the front of the plane to handle their assigned duties! Dang sailors will do anything, anywhere, is nowhere sacred! lol

Jack

Originally posted by webmaster

(in between stash duty at the unit and grading Nav test for an unammed LT that was more busy chasing MIDN around).

[8]

John - which one? There were two 'un named' LTs running the same game. [xx(]

Status
Not open for further replies.