• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reporting to OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle McWhirter

I asked my recruiter about what day we are supposed to report to NAS Pensacola. I am scheduled for 02Jun...this is what he said:

"My advice is to fly in on the 2nd, hang out on Pensacola Beach that day/evening and check into OCS on Sunday morning, June
3rd. If you show up on the 2nd you are going to be told to go away and come back tomorrow. I know your orders will say the 2nd
but trust me."

If anyone has any other gouge about reporting either on Saturday or Sunday...let me know.

Eagle1

Another option is to report to the Q-deck of Naval Aviation Schools Command on Saturday as per your orders. They will stamp them and tell you to come back on Sunday to report to OCS. After that you'll be free to go and do what you want on the town. Just make sure you don't have too much fun because Sunday will be a long day, Monday will be even longer, and Tuesday will really be a "fun" day. Right now I'm sitting in the building that you'll be checking into so feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

Musiqlover

I have heard the same thing. You can do Saturday and get your paperwork stamped, spend a night in the BEQ if there is space or stay in a hotel. I have also heard that you should have fun Saturday night, but not TOO Much fun. Go out, have a nice dinner, see a movie, because it will be a WHILE until you can go out again. I have heard different things about what time to report on Sunday morning. Some say if you get there earlier you get more gouge from others, however they have longer to mess with you. As far as what time to report Sunday morning, use your discression.

Sincerely,

Musiqlover

Ed Williams

Eagle1 why are you in the check in room? What is the living situation? I heard they were thinking about going to an open bay arrangement. I hope they stick with the 4 per room.
ed

Eagle1

I'm here at the Naval Aviation Schools Command because I'm currently in API. Yes, you will be enjoying the wonders of an open squad bay for your indoctrination week. The past two classes have been up in the squad bay which was recently opened. As far as a time to check in on Sunday, I'd say 10 am is good; not too early but not too late. Waiting until the last minute is never good becasue you end up behind the power curve before you even started. Showing up early isn't bad- basically it gives you time to get your admin stuff done, move into your locker and get a feel for the place. You won't be unnecessarily harrassed because you got there before the last minute of check in time.

Eagle1

That's right, once indoc week is done you will move into the standard four person rooms.
As far as the API wait, I requested to go on some "home area recruiting" after OCS and ended up waiting for six weeks. That, however, was my choice. Most of the rest of the aviators from my OCS class were classed up in API after only 3-4 weeks of waiting. Right now the wait is extremely short. However, anytime after late May, stand by, becasue the sudden influx of recent ROTC and Academy grads will really flood the system. There were three guys in my API class who had reported in to the API pool early last summer. Because the wait was so long they were sent to the Fleet to work general aviation on carriers and just returned after X-Mas to start up API. I have no good gouge on whether or not the powers that be will be doing a similar thing this summer.
Best of luck.

Kyle McWhirter

Thanks for the gouge about API. I guess I will see how long we have to wait after commissioning. I imagine, like you said Eagle1, that we might be waiting for quite a while for ROTC and Mids to pass through.

Status
Not open for further replies.