• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rental Cars for young'uns

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
I'm taking off for some house hunting leave and I've heard that there are rental car companies who will discount the 'under 25' surcharge if you're active duty military- does anyone have any experience with this? (ie which companies, if any)

Thanks,
Smitty

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Enterprise is the only one I have heard of if you are under 25. Smitty, I thought you were in the E-2/C-2 pipeline or I am thinking of someone else?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Get No-Cost House Hunting orders. Under orders they'll give you a gov't rate and you can rent under 25. I did it in Pensacola last year.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the replies- with orders I got a good rate from Alamo, for anyone else who's interested (need orders to use it).

Jaxs- you're thinking of the right person, but carrier quals didn't go so well. After a lot of worry over whether I'd be staying in the Navy at all, they let me transfer to P-3s...winged last week :)

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FYI - If you bank/insure with USAA you can get a great deal from Avis. The USAA rate is actually better than the government discount; and yes, they waive the under 25 fee/restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.