• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reno racer down

ryan1234

From his website:

After college, Buzbee entered the United States Marine Corps. In his initial Marine Corps training, Buzbee was recognized as an Honor Graduate, receiving the top leadership score out of more than 200 other Marine Lieutenants. Buzbee then continued his service as a Marine Corps infantry officer, serving in the Persian Gulf and Somalian conflicts, where he commanded various Marine infantry units. After rigorous physical and mental screening, Buzbee was selected by the Marines to become a special forces officer, commanding the elite Recon Company of the historic First Marine Regiment. While a serving as a special forces officer, Buzbee received various awards, including top leadership awards from the rigorous Navy Dive School and the daunting Amphibious Reconnaissance Course. Ultimately, Buzbee earned the rank of Captain, and for his Marine Corps service was awarded the prestigious Navy Commendation Medal.

MasterBates

Earned rank of Captain? Did not fuck up royally for four years? Hell, even I, the most atrocious of all fuckups made LT!

Prestigious Navy Commendation Medal? Oh, you mean that one I got thrown at me on my way out of HSL-Land for doing my job and not fucking up to bad during JTF Katrina?

KBayDog

Earned rank of Captain? Did not fuck up royally for four years? Hell, even I, the most atrocious of all fuckups made LT!

Prestigious Navy Commendation Medal? Oh, you mean that one I got thrown at me on my way out of HSL-Land for doing my job and not fucking up to bad during JTF Katrina?

I love the lens of history.

A "peer" of mine (and I use that term very, very loosely) had a website for his post-Marine Corps career that listed him as a "proven enlisted Marine and Officer who has led his Marines in to harm's way numerous times."

The website failed to mention that he served in a non-combat unit during the 1990s, did a few UDPs, and got accepted to an enlisted commissioning program. He was in school in 2001, and after sliming his way through college, he got kicked out of TBS for cheating...and the Corps...for cheating on a TBS event. I guess "harm's way" was the gas mask qualification?

I suppose he was called out on it, because his bio was amended. It now only mentions that he is a Marine veteran...yadda yadda yadda.

To continue the threadjack, has anyone met a former Marine who wasn't Force Recon? I'm picturing the the Old Corps as a bunch of bad-ass Force Recon ninjas with no Admin, Intel, Logistics, Comm, etc. Occ Fields. Pure ninja-ery.

After all, I've never met a former Marine who was a squadron logbook clerk.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
From his website:

After college, Buzbee entered the United States Marine Corps. In his initial Marine Corps training, Buzbee was recognized as an Honor Graduate, receiving the top leadership score out of more than 200 other Marine Lieutenants. Buzbee then continued his service as a Marine Corps infantry officer, serving in the Persian Gulf and Somalian conflicts, where he commanded various Marine infantry units. After rigorous physical and mental screening, Buzbee was selected by the Marines to become a special forces officer, commanding the elite Recon Company of the historic First Marine Regiment. While a serving as a special forces officer, Buzbee received various awards, including top leadership awards from the rigorous Navy Dive School and the daunting Amphibious Reconnaissance Course. Ultimately, Buzbee earned the rank of Captain, and for his Marine Corps service was awarded the prestigious Navy Commendation Medal.

All this tells me is that I'm even more disappointed in his ambulance chasing second career. One would think that he would have an appreciation for protocol, procedure, and doing your homework.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
I'm curious for those who have gone - do tickets to these events not have some sort of liability waiver printed on them? Given the circumstances surrounding the crash (age of the pilot, video evidence of the failure, etc) you would have to expect a suit if there isn't.

Being a lawyer makes this guy's chances of being a douche a lot higher than average, but it seems a little quick to be knocking the guy's military service. Yeah, he's got a big spin on what sounds like a five-and-dive "career", but unless you learn that he lied in that bio, then he served honorably and deserves our thanks for that. Go crazy mocking him for being an ambulance chaser, but I just can't see crapping on him for his service until/unless you know he is lying about it.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I "know" him. He was one of my upperclassman many years ago, but aside from Facebook posts, I haven't seen him since.

I concur on the fact that being a lawyer ups your douche-quotient, and his bio is definitely wretch inducing. It's a little different than when he ran for the Texas House a few years ago.

My SPC (who also happened to be one of my old upperclassman) also worked with him in the fleet and had extremely unflattering things to say about him. I have the highest possible regard for my SPC, so I tend to believe the douche trend.

I've never heard that he was remotely associated with RECON, but I don't know that to be untrue. I do know for a fact that he was an 0302 and did a deployment during the OSW years.

Whatever. I hope that he loses the lawsuit, but unfortunately, douche or not, he seems to be pretty good at suing people for large amounts of money.

This is America, after all.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
masterbates said:

Hsl JO's get Coms for their EOT?! We're lucky to get a NAM! (no really. Some JOs in my squadron don't get them...)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hsl JO's get Coms for their EOT?! We're lucky to get a NAM! (no really. Some JOs in my squadron don't get them...)

Yeah...no. NAM is the "normal" award. I'm not sure what other award MB would have been up for. There was traction from 4th Fleet to give Air Medals for Ops in Haiti. I don't know what happened (I was on deployment when they were supposed to be "sent out"), but the awards died at the squadron level with much push from me and the AWC, so we were okay with them going away. If MB got a COM for anything JTF K related, good on him, but overall, it's not the norm.

MasterBates

Basically, I was getting a JAM (Joint Acheivement Medal) for Katrina, the "too hard" light came on for routing, so they upgraded it to a COM, and when I left, I got the "hey, you got a COM as a JG.. Be happy" vice giving me a EOT NAM.

This command tried to ram a NAM down my throat, and I told them politely about 10 times I don't want a medal for just coming to work most days. Eventually I won, no EOT/EOS award here. Unless that is why the CO wants me in his office at 0730 in Khakis.. (pretty sure, no it's not).

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
I'm curious for those who have gone - do tickets to these events not have some sort of liability waiver printed on them? Given the circumstances surrounding the crash (age of the pilot, video evidence of the failure, etc) you would have to expect a suit if there isn't.

I kept my ticket from that day, and when I run across it, I'll take a look at if for you.