• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Red Cross Care Packages

bubbagump

Coo-coo for cocopuffs
First of all, if this is in the wrong forum, or uncalled for, let me know.

My local chapter of the Red Cross is trying to compile an up-to-date list of military personnel in war zones who want to receive care packages. Most chapters are located in areas with bases/stations in the vicinity, but we are lacking in that department.

Up until recently, we had someone in Iraq compiling the list personally for us (his wife was in charge of sending out the boxes), but he has (fortunately) recently come back to stateside, and we are left with no way to compile names and addresses.

Anyway, the nice ladies at the RC caught wind that I'm actively putting together my OCS packet and thought I'd be the best person to wrangle up some names--if you know of anyone overseas that would like to receive Red Cross care packages, please PM me.

Help us out! We have lots of boxes, and no one to send them to. :D

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Recommend they get in touch with higher-echelon RC officials. They should have a lot of experience making liaison with the military.

Alternatively, call a base or major unit's Public Affairs Officer--he/she should be able to steer you in the right direction.

bubbagump

Coo-coo for cocopuffs
Thanks--even though our chapter is considered fully functional, we are mostly clueless as to how to go about helping with SAF. I shot an email to my OR, but it's after office hours (and close to the weekend), so I don't expect to hear back for a while.

TrunkMonkey

Spy Navy
When we were overseas, we got all of our "grateful American" packages from www.anysoldier.com, a website that lets individuals register to be sent packages for them or their unit. Maybe you could work with them to get names and addresses?