• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiting Help: Dual-Mil in Flight School

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
All,

One of my applicants (SNFO PROREC) recently got engaged. His fiance is an SNA select who goes to OCS in August. He will likely go around October or so. Anywho, are there any folks here who are dual-mil, went through flight school at the same time and be willing to talk to my applicant? Many of his questions I can't really answer being that 1. I'm not a Pilot/NFO, 2. Not married, 3. Not dual-mil. Appreciate the help!

Brunes

pilot
I wasn't dual mil w/ both of us in flight school, but my wife was active duty CG while I was going thru flight school. Not sure it'll be apples to apples, but if you got nothing else, let me know.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mrs Fester was a year behind me in the Program. She and I were dating in the VTs, engaged while I was in the FRS and she was still in P'cola (there's a pic from our engagement weekend where she's going through her T-34 EP flash cards), got married when I was about done with the FRS and she was starting there. Mil-mil when you're both winged has its own set of challenges and rewards. The same set of people are making decisions for both of you when you fly the same airplane, for good or ill. Getting co-lo'ed is certainly easier when you fly the same plane, obviously. It helps having a spouse who totally understands your problems and crap deals. "I'm probably not going to be home for dinner...Mx says just five more minutes 'til the plane's ready for release." "Oh, so more like an hour...that sucks, okay, I'll make you a plate and leave it in the fridge." On the other hand, trying to coordinate your subsequent tours can be tough. We both wanted to go to P'cola, but there aren't very many VAW-coded billets there.