• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiters

Status
Not open for further replies.

asrom17

Hey guys...
I'm relatively new here, have posted a couple times but have mostly been lurking. I want to apologize if this topic has been addressed before, but I haven't seen it anywhere.
I'm applying for OCS and I live in Connecticut- I was originally told that Buffalo was the closest officer recruiter, but after speaking to them for a week or so they referred me to Albany because it's slightly closer to where I live. The thing is, I've been in contact with both these offices and the guys in Buffalo seem to have a lot more experience and are giving me good advice. But they've told me that the Albany guys are now my 'official' recruiters so I should do what they say and keep them happy. So the question is, would it be really bad form to blow off the Albany guys? The main problem is, I'm applying for Intel and the Buffalo guys seem to have really good contacts. If I arrange an Intel officer interview through Buffalo, but they aren't my actual recruiters, will it even count? I'm a bit confused as to how all this works. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks again for all this great gouge...

bisouss69

I wouldnt go thru buffalo. I went thru buffalo.. and well they jacked my stuff all up. I went for intel.. and well... I dont know what happend to my package.. I never heard back.. and when I spoke with Buffalo.. they were like.. sorry.. we dont know. I was supposed to get a denial letter... and well I didnt get anything back. But Buffalo could of changed.. when I was there 4 years ago.. they were all civilians or enlisted chiefs and a senior chief. They were not really on the ball.. and let everything drop.. and well the senior chief who was doing my package was getting out or trasnfering so he didnt really care. If you go thru buffalo.. make sure you are on them like flys on sh*t. I go thru ALbany.. and keep on them too.. I dont trust recruiters.. they wasnt quotas not quality. When I asked them anything.. about intel.. or suggestions on designators that were open.. or have a chance at.. they were like.. we dont know... jsut apply. Just be very very careful.. and follow up on everything.. and keep copies of everything.. and make sure meps at medical do everything right.. all the proper examinations.. etc. good luck

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Things do change, especially after four years. If it was as bad as bisouss says it was in Buffalo then they probably got their asses chewed. It isn't about quotas vs quality at all. These guys get evaluated on how many people they put in the Navy. It is a vital mission and they must perform. If the quality isn't there then the app packages get kicked back to the recruiter with no action. That is alot of work for nothing. I expect that bisouss got into Buffalo at a really bad time with very poor recruiters and worse leadership. There was no final disposition because they probably did screw everything up. Sorry about that. If you are having a good relationship with Buffalo now it would be good to stay with them. Problem is recruiters take poaching seriously and you will proably have to work with Albany. If so, you can still get an Intel interview from the Buffalo people and have it sent to Albany. Albany should understand the value of an Intel interview in your case and work with you. In the final analysis, you should always keep copies of your app and stay on top of the recruiter and civilian processor. It will be harder for you since you live some distance away, but stay in touch, ask questions and if you have doubts run it by your new buddies in Buffalo or PM me. Good Luck.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I'm assuming you're applying for Navy OCS, not Marine OCS. The Marine OSO in Buffalo as been really straight foward and extremely helpful to me (more than I can say about the Manhattan OSO who told me PRK waivers ended 8 months ago). The Navy OSO at Buffalo was pretty bad, he was evasive to all my questions and kept trying to convince me that a sub was better than aircraft.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
I've been accepted for Marine OCS and was denied by the navy previously. For both services I worked through the Albany Offices and had great experiences with both branches. I don't want to name names in public but if you pm me I will let you know who I dealt with as they were EXTREMELY straight forward with me.

Good luck,

-Spin

Spin

SNA in Meridian
I've been accepted for Marine OCS and was denied by the navy previously. For both services I worked through the Albany Offices and had great experiences with both branches. I don't want to name names in public but if you pm me I will let you know who I dealt with as they were EXTREMELY straight forward with me.

Good luck,

-Spin

asrom17

Woops sorry, should've said I was applying for Navy OCS. All good advice guys, thanks. I knew there were problems with poaching recruits and that's what I wanted to avoid. It all got a bit complicated since I talked to the buffalo guys a bunch of times before they told me albany was actually the place i wanted.I went up to see the albany guys today- and of the two i'd gone to see, one had left before i even got there. So, i think staying on top of both offices is definitely the way to go. Good to know i can have an interview through buffalo and send it to albany. Man, this process is difficult enough without starting some sort of upstate new york turf war!

bisouss69

What kind of interviews are you going to have thru buffalo? When I was there.. my interviews were with a LT on the phone and a civilian GS who use to be a crypto officer. The skipper was out that day so I didnt have an interview with her. That was it. I also had 5 letters of recommendation but those were the people I chose. I would call ahead and see who you will be speaking with and what they do.

av8tor

Go to the site www.crc.navy.mil/officer. If you don't complete the forms and submit them, then blame your recruiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.