• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiter told me not to mention drug use? - 2 Parter

Goob83

None
This may be due to ignorance, but why would a Biology degree make me a poor candidate for Intel?
With the current trend 60 or more apply and only 4 or 5 are getting picked up. These folks are the strongest candidates with Great Interviews or Degrees in what I would call major concentration areas for intel. YOU have a good shot at IW, but the numbers are about 2 in 30 these days. Not sure why they cut back the numbers but as of late is very hard to get intel and IW. SO increase your chances and get some senior intel officers to interview you.

Last INTEL Board 82 Applied 5 were picked last IW 32 applied 1 was picked

abh99

SO increase your chances and get some senior intel officers to interview you.

Thanks for the advice, now forgive my naivete, but how do I go about doing that? Talk to my recruiter? I can't just call CentCom here in Tampa and ask to talk to someone, can I?

I'm kinda wishig I hadn't broken up with my ex at this point, haha. She's ex-Navy Intel enlist and now works for Booz Allen Hamilton doing SigInt. She'd probably make a good liaison for a Senior Officer.

Goob83

None
Thanks for the advice, now forgive my naivete, but how do I go about doing that? Talk to my recruiter? I can't just call CentCom here in Tampa and ask to talk to someone, can I?

I'm kinda wishig I hadn't broken up with my ex at this point, haha. She's ex-Navy Intel enlist and now works for Booz Allen Hamilton doing SigInt. She'd probably make a good liaison for a Senior Officer.
Booz Allen has loads of good folks to write you LORs kiss up a little and see if she will help.

You can call and Initiative is a good thing. It will be hard to get to someone but start with maybe a LTJG Intel Type and tell him what you are looking for. 0-4 and above. Try to get the most senior guy there and if possible get two or three. If you can find a number to the watch floor there should be a JR intel guy there maybe not Navy but they can give you contact info

dephyler

Contributor

Definitely talk to the recruiter. I got a chance to meet with an Intel-O from another area during a monthly visit. My recruiter let me know the guy was coming and I made myself available to meet with him. This Officer then setup an interview with more senior Officers that I used for my endorsement.

phrogpilot73

Just to clarify, the officers she'd probably link you up with are more than likely IW vice Intel...