• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiter JUST told me I didn't make August boards!

VTFlyer

The boards meeting next week is where the time sensitivity comes from, and then they won't meet again until X amount of months after that. It's not that I NEED to get in this go around, it's that who knows when the next go around will be so better now than some time down the road (and like I said, as far as I knew everything was good to go until today). This is something I have committed to making happen, and having to wait longer is by no means a deal breaker/dead end. Just trying to embody that little thing we refer to as "mental fortitude."

Like the above people said, you are a lucky ass to have received a waiver, but waiver or not the board has the final say. I'm up for this board and I have waivers for stuff from 11 years ago before I was enlisted, and trust me I have nightmares they will come back to haunt me. If this was something you were committed to have happen you should never have drove drunk. That being said I am not being an ass I am being realistic, I am a prior service guy and I know that if you were currently in the Navy and got a DWI you'd be lucky to keep you ass from getting kicked out. That's my 2 cents.

das

Contributor
sndyson,

I was going through my email the other day, and noted that my first contact with a Navy recruiter was in late 2007. It wasn't until September 2010 that I was finally selected. This is a long process — sometimes years long — so don't worry, and others have already given you sound advice.

flynavy22

Primary in Corpus Crisco
sndyson,

I too was just informed that my package was not sent to this board, although this was due to my recruiter misleading me as far as my eligibility. I graduate next May, and you cannot go to a board unless you already have a degree in hand where he led me to believe that I could get pro rec'd pending my graduation and MEPS for my final select letter.

However, I began the application process over a year ago and now am most likely going to be stuck trying to find a full time employer that is willing to hire me for an undetermined stint after graduation (a lot of those in this economy...) until the next board meets and I am hopefully selected for an OCS slot that could be as late as 2014. All I can say is that I feel your pain as far as the waiting goes, and that if you honestly want this to be your career you will patiently wait and continue to improve your package until you get your shot. That's what I plan to do. It'll all be worth it if down the road I get to look in the mirror and see those gold wings.

In short: If you really want this to be your career, another year isn't going to change that. In the end if you're the right guy, they're going to pick you and that's that.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
sndyson,

I too was just informed that my package was not sent to this board, although this was due to my recruiter misleading me as far as my eligibility. I graduate next May, and you cannot go to a board unless you already have a degree in hand where he led me to believe that I could get pro rec'd pending my graduation and MEPS for my final select letter.

They just changed that recently. This is likely the first board that your recruiter has submitted an applicant for where this rule was in effect. I know for the November 2010 board, you could be 1 year out from graduation and apply for DA (and I know this, because I was selected 7 months before graduation).

flynavy22

Primary in Corpus Crisco
They just changed that recently. This is likely the first board that your recruiter has submitted an applicant for where this rule was in effect. I know for the November 2010 board, you could be 1 year out from graduation and apply for DA (and I know this, because I was selected 7 months before graduation).

Damn. Sometimes I wonder if the officer training doesn't begin during the application process...I'm already used to "going with the flow" as far as the Navy's rules, which seem change every few months. Oh well, back to trying to locate a few more officer interviews, updating docs, etc.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
There have been a few other changes recently, I imagine to do with the force shaping going on. BDCP was cancelled last year, although it sounds like it may be semi-back on. I wouldn't be surprised if it were gone completely in another few years though.

Troopman

Listen....I started this BDCP application gig back in March of 2010. Before I could get going, I was still enrolled at a community college at the time and was told that I needed my acceptance letter over at the university (June - July 2010 was when I got it...hurry and wait scenario). It wasn't until I was almost done with my application that I decided to take the ASTB (4/4/4/ 48) and all that good stuff. I recently submitted my package back in February 2011 because the boards were already done for FY11. I could go on the extraneous backstory, but I choose not to.

To sift through the shit, the point is...hurry up and wait (a term I am used to). Stuff just doesn't go your way because of a simple mishap. And DON'T override your OR; Not saying that i've done that, but you'd dig yourself a hole and bury yourself in it if you do so. Just my 2 cents from a prospect.

Awaiting the Jan boards for SWO! Yee-Haw!

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Regarding my package for OCS/Pilot August review boards:

After having scrambled to get absolutely everything together, and ON TIME, there was only one more thing to worry about. I received a DWI back in 2007 for which I needed a waiver from my recruiter's CO.
Hey did you goto meps yet? and did meps make you talk to a shrink for the DWI?

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
There have been a few other changes recently, I imagine to do with the force shaping going on. BDCP was cancelled last year, although it sounds like it may be semi-back on. I wouldn't be surprised if it were gone completely in another few years though.
There were some selections for it this last board.. I have the list, that is how I know.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Hey did you goto meps yet? and did meps make you talk to a shrink for the DWI?

The waiver is a multi-step process up to the CO of the RD. It will probably require a write up of what occurred and a phone interview with either the CO or representative. Once a waiver is granted, the transgression holds MUCH less weight when it goes before the board.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
The waiver is a multi-step process up to the CO of the RD. It will probably require a write up of what occurred and a phone interview with either the CO or representative. Once a waiver is granted, the transgression holds MUCH less weight when it goes before the board.

I thought he said he had already gotten the waiver? So I was inquiring about his meps process with it that he may or may not of had yet.