• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reconsideration Statement

XeroCool

So I have to write one of these bad boys because I am re-applying and I was wondering could/should I use a quote? Does one do that in these types of statements or is that a no-go?
Thanks,
X

AppleCello

Xero, they didnt ask me to write anyhting like that. All they asked me for was a letter stating that I was withdrawing my previous application.

From there, I had another LOR submitted and they sent it off...

BackOrdered

Contributor
Xero, they didnt ask me to write anyhting like that. All they asked me for was a letter stating that I was withdrawing my previous application.

From there, I had another LOR submitted and they sent it off...

My recruiter literally told me to write "I would like to request reconsideration to officer programs." on a scrap sheet of paper. After some thought, I decided to type something a little more impressive.

XeroCool

I see, well I guess Ill ask them again about that....I probably am getting a bad rep at my Recruiting office because they will say one thing and I get a different gouge here and ask them about it.
X

AppleCello

Xero,
I just got a call from my recruiters yesterday and they asked me for this. They wanted it to be a formal letter and not one sentance long either. I wrote up a couple of paragraphs and sent it off. Something to the effect of, "this is why i am reapplying."

also, if you write up a letter and give it to them, its not like they will complain that its not the "scrap" they asked for. can't hurt, so why even bother asking?

When I wrote my reconsideration letter, I highlighted the improvements I had made since my last application. If they rejected you last time, they'll probably want to see some improvements to your application (better ASTB scores, GPA, etc) before they consider you again.