• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recommended boot socks and anything else to avoid blisters

MasterHaynes86

I've got a rather high arch and no support can accomodate (sp) it... I'm lookin to get some to break in for OCS, should I just find some biosoles or go with something else??

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Personally, I would go talk to someone who really knows. Some sports stores have people who actually know what they're talking about. I would have them reccommend a few things for you and then try them out and see what you like the best.

What works for me might not work for you.

...but please give reviews of whatever you end up using :)

Lawman

None
I've got a rather high arch and no support can accomodate (sp) it... I'm lookin to get some to break in for OCS, should I just find some biosoles or go with something else??

Call up your local college/highschool atheletic department and find out where they buy their track shoes from usually it will be a specialty store. Dicks will do if you have too but they have a sort of hit or miss with staff, some people know what they are talking about others (like the girl I was dealing with) will look at you bug eyed if you say something like Overpronate and just point at the wall of shoes.

MasterHaynes86

well, im more looking for a place to start... I went to a local hiking store and the dude tried to shove these $70 pair down my throat and they were no where NEAR my arch... lol... It didn't bother me at Jrs, but more boots n utes this time around so I would like to avoid broken arches and what not...

Only about a month left, Lawman... You ready for this?

Pags

N/A
pilot
Personally, I would go talk to someone who really knows. Some sports stores have people who actually know what they're talking about. I would have them reccommend a few things for you and then try them out and see what you like the best.

What works for me might not work for you.

...but please give reviews of whatever you end up using :)

Agree. Go to a Running/Tri store. Not the local Footlocker or sports authority. A place where the staff runs 5+ miles a day.

Also, maybe try looking into getting some custom made orthotics. Mrs. Pags has been running injury free on some orthotics, and loves them. Got to go to a professional for them though.

I've also seen some insoles at the local outdoor store that they mold to your feet.

And again, the cost should be transparent...$100 is gonna seem like nothing if you get injured.

MasterHaynes86

bates lights should be available at the Joint Reserve base here in Fort Worth, correct? My gramps gave me some money to get some and I am having trouble finding USMC lites online... a website would be kinda cool, but id much rather put them on my feet before purchasing...

And isn't it recommended to soak your boots in warm water for several hours, let them dry a little, and then just wear them around the house/apartment, outside, ect? I remember someone saying something about that as good advice to get them broken in quicker and molded to your feet... any confirmation?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
bates lights should be available at the Joint Reserve base here in Fort Worth, correct? My gramps gave me some money to get some and I am having trouble finding USMC lites online... a website would be kinda cool, but id much rather put them on my feet before purchasing...

And isn't it recommended to soak your boots in warm water for several hours, let them dry a little, and then just wear them around the house/apartment, outside, ect? I remember someone saying something about that as good advice to get them broken in quicker and molded to your feet... any confirmation?

copied from another thread:
https://www.shop.opstulsa.com/displa...productId=3227

A bunch of us had them got them for SERE, and they are awesome. The most comfortable boots I've ever worn. We weren't sure about the whole putting them in water thing because of the suede, so we just wore them for a few days (because thats all the time we had) before we went into the field.

MasterHaynes86

its tellin me the page can't be found/broken link (that error msg) and i did a search for that particular text combo (shop.op) and no results turned up, not even this thread... lol

narfmasta

its tellin me the page can't be found/broken link (that error msg) and i did a search for that particular text combo (shop.op) and no results turned up, not even this thread... lol

www.quanticoboots.com i think has them

as far as sizes go, make sure you try a pair on before you buy them. i found a bunch of bates boots at a surplus store. figured out the size i needed and then ordered them online.

MasterHaynes86

copied from another thread:
https://www.shop.opstulsa.com/displa...productId=3227

A bunch of us had them got them for SERE, and they are awesome. The most comfortable boots I've ever worn. We weren't sure about the whole putting them in water thing because of the suede, so we just wore them for a few days (because thats all the time we had) before we went into the field.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135956 - link to the thread with this link

https://www.shop.opstulsa.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=3227 - full link, hope it works

IWantinan18

i've heard of buying boots before your ship date and breaking them in, my dad gave me a link to www.quanticoboot.com, what are your thoughts on this and if it's a good idea, which i think it would be, what boot should i get for 10 wks of summer

MasterHaynes86

ummm, you get two pairs 'issued' to u... id just use those til libo, since u are a 10 weeker, and then go get a pair at the boot stores in Q-town... If I wan't PLC that is what I'd do... Since I go back to Srs and its basically all boots n utes, Bate Lights are what I'm lookin for... sadly, they are on backorder through the company through june 4 or so for my size... sucks...
Good socks will be your best ally :) either sock liners or thorlo/fox river/smartwool with blister protection... Cheaper too, and if u decide u need more boots at OCS, you can just buy some on Libo :) lol
Personally, bellvilles are more comfortable, but for courses like the quigley, they suck cuz they retain water like no one elses business

IWantinan18

so basically what i'm hearing is use liners, body glide, mole skin, and anything else available to take care of your feet, change socks often on humps and just suck it up are the recommendations for success, are there any other suggestions that may help out or anything major to watch out for