• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recommended boot socks and anything else to avoid blisters

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Thats what you're hearing from some people. Everyones different. I've already put in enough plugs for body glide so I wont do it again (unless I just did...).

One thing about changing socks on humps...sometimes you wont have a lot of time. Our squad leaders had to run around refilling water and crap like that. I reccommend changing one foot at a time. You dont want to have both boots and both socks off and then all of a sudden they say get the hell up we're moving NOW! It happened to a few guys who lost track of time.

During one hump, I started getting this burn on the outside of my toe from the way things were rubbing (8 weeks into it and new stuff started hurting...yet another reason why its different for everyone, new injuries come up and your old way doesnt always work). So I put on the body glide, wrapped it with a small piece of white tape around it and put new socks on. After about another 1.5 miles, the tape I put on helped out the blister that I was getting, but ended up causing a new one on each side of it. That was my incredibly long way of saying be careful when wrapping stuff with tape.