• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

recomended pft?

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I definately thought the pullup workouts at OCS were innadequate. Sure, we did lots of upperbody but we just didnt get on the bar enough. Pullups have always been easy for me and I was seriously stressed about them coming into the final pft.

plc_senior_2009

recommended pft

What's up I just graduated from PLC Juniors 2008, 1st Increment, India-3. I shipped to OCS with a 280 pft. PLC juniors wasnt that tough physically. They want overall fitness. You should be able to run fast and lift your own weight over obstacles. I PT alot at my OSO office and it paid off. I did circuit training workouts such as the 300 workout and I helped my pull ups by just doing 50 a day. No matter how I got that number it would be 50 a day.

Unfortunately, I also shipped to OCS with runner's knee and shin splints because I ran a little too much the week before. I felt pain from the first time we went to pick up linen and I knew hat I wouldn't be able to excel physically as I had hoped. So I put out enough to continue training, but didn't put out so much that I risked a "send-me-home-injury." I did not disclose my injuries to the medical staff during in-processing, nor did I see our corpsman during my 6 weeks. I had 2 friends who I shipped with who were "too honest" about their medical issues and they got sent home before pick up.

You just have to play the game. Know your limits, when to stay within them, and when to go past them. Also...

sound off.

haha

good luck and semper fi