• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recently reviewing some long forgotten memorabilia ...

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Banty,
Nicely done... I believe you should have been awarded the Navy & Marine Corps Medal vice a Letter of Commendation.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Ach ...Whaddya gonna do??

If it wasn't for my egregious violation of NATOPS, perhaps this would have been worth a little more than two 8" X 10" black & white glossies ...?
http://a4skyhawk.org/?q=2d/tins/tins-glider_ron-marron.htm

or this ...small one carrier alpha strike (~24 A4's) ...no fighters, tankers, ECM birds ...major target ...amid heavy flak, SAM launches, MIGs lurking nearby ...I'm one of two flak suppressors. After SAM evasion maneuver, I see the bombers getting it back together, and make my run ...then haul for feet wet, never looking back ...LOL!!

Back aboard the boat, my routine and everyday normal division leader and I enter discussion ...I discuss MY run ...he explains someone senior to him, (the leader of this entire fiasco) ...apparently becomes somewhat disoriented, and takes the entire bombing group away from our designated target, to some target somewhat to the north ...WTF??
So-o-o, inlight of the fact it seems I'm the only one to rocket & strafe our assigned target, he persuades our Skipper to recommend me for a DFC!
Guess who the first endorser is. (Could it be the strike leader??) So, downgraded to a NCM w/Bronze V.

But it is ALL GOOD!!

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I've always thought Feynman had a good take on the whole honors and awards issue. He's talking science, but with a little imagination one could apply it to military awards...