• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recent OCS Grad, ask me anything

I graduated from OCS recently (I won't say what class, there are OCS staff members that read this forum) and would like to help any of you applicants out as much as possible.
Good luck!

Yeah, be careful of the class O's and DIs who might be browsing these forums - if they find out what class you were in, they'll bring you back to OCS and roll you back to indoc week :D

JohnH

Having a high GPA and OAR score isn't going to cut it to having a shot at IDC.
How far does experience go with the IDC board?
I've got almost 6 years Intel experience now and even if I am not recommended I can only get more as I have some more professional development options and specialization options.

haimehhh

Did you have to pay for ALL of your uniforms when you got there? how much was it, and are there any sort of payment plans/allowances? Or do you have to pay it all upfront?

if the website is speaking the truth (~$3500 + $1000), I'd be having to pay the amount of my student loans lol

Just graduated OCS- my uniform breakdown is as follows:

2843.40 for uniforms/misc stuff on the student account.
(1800) uniform allowance (one time)
(400) additional 1x allowance
(10%) discount with the star card.

total
$359.06
paid the star card off and closed the account. it nicked my credit score a tiny little bit but it was worth the extra $250 IMO.

if finances are a concern, in candio phase or when you graduate, go to the fleet and family services on base and see a financial guy/gal

haimehhh

Yeah, be careful of the class O's and DIs who might be browsing these forums - if they find out what class you were in, they'll bring you back to OCS and roll you back to indoc week :D

even after I graduated I felt like they were just gonna show up out of the blue and put me on my face in town