• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recent OCS Grad, ask me anything

exNavyOffRec

What does "pro Y" mean? And if I didn't make it to the board, I'm going to have to have words with my recruiter's boss, cause all my stuff was supposed to be in in plenty of time and this would not be the first time my recruiter caused unnecessary delays.

pro Y means professionally recommended, it may or may not be your recruiters fault if it didn't make it, NRC could have rejected it for something they couldn't read, or given that the selection rate was less than 10% it is more likely that you were a "N"

dragonfiremlaus

pro Y means professionally recommended, it may or may not be your recruiters fault if it didn't make it, NRC could have rejected it for something they couldn't read, or given that the selection rate was less than 10% it is more likely that you were a "N"

I would find it mystifying if I wasn't selected, as I have good grades, great recommendations, and very high test scores.

And wouldn't I also hear even if I were not selected? I should hear something either way.

Anchors_Away

@dragonfiremlaus here are the DEC IDC Board stats, as posted by a recuiter with access to all of the results. No one was selected for SWO-IW....

Stats from the board. Since my intro to recruiting in August 2013, this is the lowest rate I've seen and the lowest intel selects. My opinion (and only mine) is that the IDC Board wrapped up FY16 goals with this board and will start selecting for FY17 at the next board. Take that for what it's worth. Keep your head up, better your package, and re-submit. For the rare few selects, CONGRATULATIONS!

240 overall to board. 22 selected. 9.2% selection rate.

Intel: 6 from NRDs / 1 from fleet (this is a VERY low number for Intel selects)
IW: 5 from NRDs / 1 from fleet
SWO-IW: zero
IP: 6 from fleet only (this is normal)
SWO-IP: zero
Oceano: 3 from NRDs only
SWO-OCEANO: zero
Cyber: zero

exNavyOffRec

I would find it mystifying if I wasn't selected, as I have good grades, great recommendations, and very high test scores.

And wouldn't I also hear even if I were not selected? I should hear something either way.

did you apply for anything besides SWO IW? what was your GPA?

C_CN

Did you have to pay for ALL of your uniforms when you got there? how much was it, and are there any sort of payment plans/allowances? Or do you have to pay it all upfront?

if the website is speaking the truth (~$3500 + $1000), I'd be having to pay the amount of my student loans lol

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Having a high GPA and OAR score isn't going to cut it to having a shot at IDC.

SoopurHero816

Did you have to pay for ALL of your uniforms when you got there? how much was it, and are there any sort of payment plans/allowances? Or do you have to pay it all upfront?

if the website is speaking the truth (~$3500 + $1000), I'd be having to pay the amount of my student loans lol
Do you want to switch student loans with me?! I'd kill for that loan status! In all seriousness though, I'm also mildly concerned about the payment options as well, luckily I don't leave until sometime after July 1, so I have time to save up. :)

banjosquirrel

Do you want to switch student loans with me?! I'd kill for that loan status! In all seriousness though, I'm also mildly concerned about the payment options as well, luckily I don't leave until sometime after July 1, so I have time to save up. :)
You'll be getting paid as an E-5 while you're there, and your only expenses will be what you have to pay for at home. You should definitely make enough to cover the uniform bill while at OCS.

Que3n

pilot
Yes the bill is ~$3500 +/- depending on if you purchase Brooks Brothers dress blues and anything else extra. You'll be asked if you'd like to open a military star card which you get 10% off your first purchase on the card... Do it, your uniform bill should be your first purchase on the card and you can save that 10%, there are no fees for the card or any other catches. Also as stated, you're paid as an E-5 with minimal expenses, your uniform shop invoice will go on your star card which you then payoff after you leave. I paid it all off immediately but I think there was a zero interest option for the first 9 months or something if you set up a payment plan.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I think the correct way to ask that question is "where is the flight line stored?" ;)
In an Excel spreadsheet at OPNAV N4 and Navy Installations Command with the other built infrastructure asset data, of course. Duh!

Last edited: