• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recent OCS Grad, ask me anything

OCS16

I graduated from OCS recently (I won't say what class, there are OCS staff members that read this forum) and would like to help any of you applicants out as much as possible. Feel free to ask me anything at all, from the painfully specific to the very vague, and I'll do my best to answer anything you have. I know reading this forum left me a lot more prepared for OCS than I would have been otherwise so hopefully my info might help you out too.

Feel free to send me a message if it's something you don't feel comfortable posting in public.

Good luck!

BravoMyles

Applicant
Did you ever have any moments where you weren't sure if you were going to finish?

I'd guess that most people do with such a high stress environment. Hell, I'll probably have that thought once or twice if I'm selected. All worth it in the end though.

Renegade One

None
Knowing what you do, what (if anything) would you change in your application process? Anything you'd do earlier or later or differently? Did you sweat anything(s) during the application process or the ramp-up to OCS that you can say "Not worth worrying about that"? Anything you WISH you'd known earlier or sweated a bit more about?

Those questions vague enough? :cool:

Congrats. You now have a license to learn. Enjoy it and make the most of it.

dragonfiremlaus

Here's a question I haven't seen answered yet. I've applied for IW SWO in the Navy, and according to my recruiter the boards were scheduled to meet in early December. I'm wondering how long it will be before I hear anything either way. If I'm reading the schedule right, the boards were supposed to meet Dec 7th, so I'm a bit surprised I haven't heard anything already. Just trying to figure out how to plan for the future, seeing as I graduated last month and would really like things to be happening faster than they are.

(And by faster than they are, I mean I started the application process January of 2014)

exNavyOffRec

Here's a question I haven't seen answered yet. I've applied for IW SWO in the Navy, and according to my recruiter the boards were scheduled to meet in early December. I'm wondering how long it will be before I hear anything either way. If I'm reading the schedule right, the boards were supposed to meet Dec 7th, so I'm a bit surprised I haven't heard anything already. Just trying to figure out how to plan for the future, seeing as I graduated last month and would really like things to be happening faster than they are.

(And by faster than they are, I mean I started the application process January of 2014)

I think everyone that was a pro Y was notified, maybe you didn't make it to board.

dragonfiremlaus

I think everyone that was a pro Y was notified, maybe you didn't make it to board.

What does "pro Y" mean? And if I didn't make it to the board, I'm going to have to have words with my recruiter's boss, cause all my stuff was supposed to be in in plenty of time and this would not be the first time my recruiter caused unnecessary delays.