• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

recent denial/acceptance??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbergem

Final Select Crypto, OCS 30 JUL 2005
04Hopeful,

Sorry about not being selected, but as Brookelynn says, just reapply.
04Hopeful, do you mind expanding on your stats a bit? Test scores, School, major, work experience? I am in a similar boat as you as I am 30. I submitted all my paperwork 2 weeks ago, so I know I have a long wait ahead of me. I should just stop thinking about it. I oscillate between thinking I have a decent shot and thing there is no way in heck I am getting in.

Best of luck to you. Maybe we will serve at OCS together! :)

- Mark

PS: Random Guy, Congrats!

Eteled

I was pro recc'd a few weeks ago for Crypto after being non-select for Intel. My stats are in the Stat sticky. I had a crummy GPA (2.88), my only employer was my father (farm boy) and I only submitted two LOR's. I think that the LOR's in my package were outstanding and are what got me a pro rec (I never saw them). I used two people that knew me extremely well. My recruiter said they were the best he's seen. I think this is the area where you can help your kit the most.

I haven't started my findocs yet because I need to clear medical (recently had PRK). I am just at the point where my MEPS pre-screen can be evaluated. I am afraid I will be NPQ and will need a waiver for the community. Anyone know if waivers are being given in this ultra-selective OCS pool?

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
I appreciate that Brookelynn, and I will follow up with you soon.

Thanks for all the input! That's what I love about this site, it keeps people motivated!

Congrats RandomGuy!

Mbergem: Would be great to server together.

nater

Congrats random guy!!
November, huh? Interesting. I keep trying to find another Cryppie selectee for my class (Oct 23), but so far have been unsuccessful. Again, congrats!

Random_Guy

Mr. Nelson
I put in to be on the waiting list, so hopefully something will come up sooner. In the meantime, I'm just gonna work away and hope for a sooner date! Oh, and my recruiter told me that they are going to be cutting down on the number of selects each month for Crypto. Not sure what that's about...

nater

I heard that there were only about 40 Crypto selects for this fiscal year! Interesting, considering that NROTC does not do Restricted Line. With a community of about 700 and 40 selects for this year, the simple logic says that Crypto will either a) be much smaller in the future, or 2) opportunities will be there for people to move up once those now in move on or plateau in their careers. We'll see...

Eteled

40 selects for 04 or 05? I'm finishing my FINDOC's, starting to get worried that all this waiting has killed my selection chances (I was pro recced over a month ago now). I'd love some gouge on how they review FINDOC's for crypto. I'm starting to get ancy over this. I'll need atleast one waiver...

Anyone want to venture a guess on the number of people that are non-select after pro rec for crypto (for any reason)?

nater

Non-select after pro-rec is extremely rare. I don't know of anyone this has happened to since I started my packet (last summer). There is much more information on usnavyocs.com regarding how the process works. The 40 selects were for FY04, and I think they are already selecting for FY05.

Troy

I went through the NUPOC Instructor pipeline and interviewed last February, only to be turned down by the Admiral but reinvited for submarine officer. I guess my technical skill was there but I wasn't a convincing instructor. In any event, I took one of the commanders' advice in applying for Intel and Crypto, and my recruiter said that both boards were meeting "as we spoke" 3 weeks ago. Any idea how long it takes after meeting to get a recommendation or a thumbs-down? This process is very different from NUPOC, so maybe they have to do a different background check? And will things go any faster since basically all my FINDOCs are already done? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.