• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recent Changes to PRK Waiver Req's?

SLH350

pilot
I'm consistently being told by HQ that my Pre-Op PRK vision- 20/100 uncorrected, -3.5 diopters of (SE) refractive error- was not good enough to qualify for the PRK waiver for SNA despite the fact that my vision is perfect now. They're stating a number of -3.0 to +3.0 diopters of pre-op refractive error whereas all the aeromedical waiver guides I have found state that is -8.0 to +3.0 diopters. Was there some recent update to the waivers? I went ahead and sent them up the current waiver guide that I accessed via the NAMI website but I'm still waiting on a reply. Any ideas here?

SLH350

pilot
I have to assume that's the issue, when I sent the waiver document up to my AAOP he said I had a point and that what they were looking at didn't agree so they're reviewing it. I would think a change that drastic to the waiver requirements would have stirred up more attention on here or elsewhere.