• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Receiving OCS dates before college graduation?

violet123

A question that is premature, especially considering that my chances as a college senior may not be exceptionally high, but one that my family is wondering about as I go about the application process. I also know that I should expect the worst in regards to time, even if the answer to my question is "yes", but I'm curious:

If pro-rec'd during senior year in college with several months before graduation, would someone be able to receive their OCS date (obviously one scheduled for after the expected graduation date) before graduation, or would you specifically need that diploma in your hand before you could even be assigned to a start date?

In other words, would I be able to start the Final Select Purgatory process while still finishing up the last few months of my last semester, possibly receiving a date for OCS that occurs soon after graduation, or would I need to wait several months after graduation for a class opening because I could not be considered for a class until officially designated as a graduate?

MTLiving

Just went through this...If you get PROREC-Y you will be in purgatory until your degree confers. After you submit your final transcript to your recruiter only then would you be able to get an OCS date. So at best your class date will be at least a couple months after graduation.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
A question that is premature, especially considering that my chances as a college senior may not be exceptionally high, but one that my family is wondering about as I go about the application process. I also know that I should expect the worst in regards to time, even if the answer to my question is "yes", but I'm curious:

If pro-rec'd during senior year in college with several months before graduation, would someone be able to receive their OCS date (obviously one scheduled for after the expected graduation date) before graduation, or would you specifically need that diploma in your hand before you could even be assigned to a start date?

In other words, would I be able to start the Final Select Purgatory process while still finishing up the last few months of my last semester, possibly receiving a date for OCS that occurs soon after graduation, or would I need to wait several months after graduation for a class opening because I could not be considered for a class until officially designated as a graduate?

I. Search. This has been asked before.
2. Ask your OR.

koliver

I'm a senior right now with one semester left and my recruiter said it's not a problem to submit early. You just won't get finsel until after your final transcripts are submitted. My recruiter even said that they might be able to get a tentative OCS date before graduating.

ab187

I can confirm that you can not receive an official class date until your final transcripts are submitted. I was selected for SNA in February but didn't officially enter final select purgatory until I graduated a few weeks ago. I've been told that I should be receiving orders soon, so the wait might not be that long after graduation. My buddy in NUPOC received his official class date of Jan 29th a few weeks before we graduated, so they may be the exception.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
At least for SNAs the turnaround can be pretty quick, I submitted my final transcript in mid June and I got my unofficial date in mid July and my FINSEL the first week in August.