• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Really Dumb Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
There are several commissioning sources they are OCS, ROTC, and Academy. You can do either BDCP (Bachelor Degree Completion Program) or DA (Direct Accession) into OCS.

I recommend you SEARCH the forum, Google, etc to find answers to basic questions such as this. Everyone here loves to help others out in the process. But please understand answering basic questions an individual seeking a commission, in the U.S. Navy, should have the ability to find out on their own is something that doesn't get answered here often. So search and when you can't find an answer to your question by all means ask. Good Luck!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
The answer to your question is yes, unless it wasn't a yes or no question, which then would make the answer 42.

Search and ye shall find... You've got steps 1, 2 and 4 down. Unfortunately, you missed step 3.
1. Figure out you might want a commission
2. Find Airwarriors.com
3. (And really pay attention here) Search for answers and info prior to posting
4. Post a question in the right section of the forum.

In all honesty, your question has been answered in one form or another multiple time on this forum and in others as well as by an infinite number of officer recruiters. Do a little research and you'll learn the answer to your question as well as those to many you didn't know you had.

Go easy bro.

Jo Kelly

Thanks, guys. Sorry.

Thing is, I had researched BDCP, but someone told me I couldn't apply unless I was graduating by or before 2011. I'll be honest, I had based all my plans for getting a commission on that one program...which I now realize was a bad idea.

I'm not generally lazy. I'm willing to work hard for this and do my own research. I'm not doing it to pay my way through college either. I want this because I want to serve my country while pushing myself to the limit, and I will find a way unless God Himself stops me. The only thing I won't do is drop out of college.

Again, I apologize for wasting your time and trying to take an easy path. No more shortcuts. I'll definitely do my research on my own in the future. I'm really new at this, so thanks for bearing with me.

~Jordan

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Really Dumb Question ... ?
You're right: this is a really, really dumb question (to use your word). It's as if you have asked no questions -- not even one -- of any Officer Recruiter or done any research at all on your own.

I would suggest showing some initiative and doing a little basic research if you want to be an 'officer'.

CLOSED.

lockeddl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.