• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reading Comprehension

ODSCandidate

OCSCandidate
Hey everyone,
I'm getting ready to take the test and wondering if the reading comp is more like word association (this word is most like A, B, C, or D) or is it the paragraph and pick a sentence that most describes the paragraph? I haven't seen a post on this part of the test, so apologies if I'm beating a dead horse.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
IIRC, there's alot of similarity between the SAT tests and the ASTB reading comp. If you've taken that, you'll be fine for this. The main difference is that I don't remember any antonyms tests on the ASTB. (Ie, IS ABC or D the opposite of Organized)

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Every single question on my test was a small paragraph and then choosing the answer that best described or inferred details from the paragraph.

ODSCandidate

OCSCandidate
you guys rock!

hey,
thank you guys! you guys totally rock on getting back to people right away.

i did the SAT years ago, did the ASVAB, now going "O". i have my masters, but took stats and am not expecting any of that on the math part. so hoping to do well on that section.

anyone here recently take the ASTB? just curious what your impressions are. thanks again!