• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

? Re: Swearing in & Contract

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
I was only asking about back pay because they do it at RTC. If you had the college credits to get paid as an E-3 but didn't turn those in until the end of RTC they would back pay you as an E-3 for your time at RTC...or at least that's how it was explained to me.

It made sense to me because you are signing up to be an officer so why not receive back pay for the three months you were becoming one...in the event you graduate and accept your commission.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I was only asking about back pay because they do it at RTC. If you had the college credits to get paid as an E-3 but didn't turn those in until the end of RTC they would back pay you as an E-3 for your time at RTC...or at least that's how it was explained to me.

It made sense to me because you are signing up to be an officer so why not receive back pay for the three months you were becoming one...in the event you graduate and accept your commission.

Yes of course. If you're owed back pay, you get paid. As for pay grade, you are E-3 (unless you earned higher) until you graduate college if you're BDCP. E-5 after graduation if BDCP or once you start OCS if you're straight OCS. O-1 starting from the day you commission (you weren't O-1 during OCS, so why would they pay you as such?).

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Is this normal?

I just got off the phone with my OR. Yesterday they faxed me the paperwork that I will be filling out when I go to swear in next week. The paperwork included a bunch of enlistment HR documents, i.e W-4, direct deposit consent, understanding of UMCJ, Drug and alcohol abuse statement, etc.

There was nothing resembling a "contract" and nothing that listed a designator of SNA. I asked him where that info was, and he seemed to not understand. He said that info would be in my Final Select Letter that will be sent to my home. Doesn't he get a copy of the letter, too?

Am I wrong to be expecting something that outlines specifically what I will be doing post-OCS at this point or something that outlines what happens should I (God forbid) attrite or NPQ?

From the looks of this paperwork, it looks like I'm just signing up for enlistment. He said he'd have the processor in New Orleans call me tomorrow to answer any questions. I'm confused.

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
Yes, there is supposed to be paperwork stating specifically what your designator is. If your recruiter doesn't know :eek: the processor at the NRD will. The day I originally went down to swear in was the first day I saw any of the paper work, the whole while I was filling out the forms you described I was getting more and more apprehensive until the point where I wasn't going to sign the enlistment contract before I saw the SNA paperwork. Which was right about when they realized mine wasn't in the system.

Anyways, the document you want is about 2 pages long, lists the designator you were selected for (verify, because if I remember right it was only listed in its numeric format, I could be wrong, for us it is 1390 or 13900, they are the same thing but 13900 is an older format.... or something) and the service obligation tied to it, your responsibilities, the Navy's responsibilities, and conditions in which you can back out, DQ, DOR, whatever.

This is a seperate document than the final selection letter and I wouldn't sign a enlistment contract until you have this right next to you waiting to be signed as well (maybe I'm just overly cautious). Your recruiter should be able to pull up a copy of your final select letter from his computer. They have all of that kind of stuff scanned into whatever their online system is called.