• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Re-Application Time Interval? / Just Chattin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

Hi guys,

Ok, so, I just talked with my recruiter again about re-applying. In the course of the conversaion, he said he believed there was a 6 month time minimum between applications, and that he was checking into that.

I was just curious if anyone else had heard that.

I'm looking forward to re-applying, even though I still think my chances are pretty slim. My grades this semester should be better yet than any semester previous. I'm now in Kung Fu, just got my Yellow Belt this past saturday. I figured I can make 1st degree black belt if I stick with it, since it's going to be a couple years probably still before I'd get to OCS. It's fun, keeps me fit, and I'm learning a lot!

I'm going to be doing an outreach program with a local school district next semester to teach elementary school kids about weather and weather instruments :) I've also signed up for some Navy ROTC classes here on campus. I think I'll take Navigation I and II, and Either Naval Weapons Systems or Naval Leadership before I graduate.

I feel like I'm getting out more and more well rounded... I hope in the year I have left before I graduate, I can continue to improve myself and show the Navy that I care a lot about this.

I can't wait to apply again. I know that the Navy just laid off 400 Jr. Officers, so, that tells me there really must be a glut of personell right now, but, I hope one day the cycle swings to where I can squeeze in and become a Naval Officer myself.

Talk to you guys soon!

~Nate

kevin

not true. my recruiter (who i trust) said 1 of 3 things has to be there. either the field opened up dramatically (which wont happen till the next ice age) or something significant changed on your app, or you got some seriously relevant experience (ppl, etc). however, as a wise, trusted member here told me, a recruiter cannot refuse your application assuming that you are qualified (have or getting a college degree, etc).

congrats on getting your yellow belt. kung fu is pretty interesting.

DairyCreamer

Yah, he originally told me this summer that they wanted to see how I had "sweetened my package" between applications, and that sending and re-sending an identical package was virtually useless.

As it is now, we'll probably just re-apply once a semester so each application has fresh grades on it and such. If I'm not in by the time I graduate, I'll probably start workin full time and grab that PPL n' stuff. Hopefully I can have an OCS date before I graduate, that would be awesome. Otherwise, I dunno... guess we'll just have to see.

I wonder when the next ice age is :)

~Nate

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
With all this global warming it doesn't seem like an ice age will be coming soon. I think the closest you will come is a nuclear winter.

Kobyra

RobNLa

Hey Dairy

I'm sitting on a reapplication myself. Doing the same type things you are in order to make package stronger. Good luck to all of you. Hang in there.

Rob

cessnajet1h

Hey guys,
I just applied for the November board, I had 55 OAR and 7,8 across the board, Had one quarter to graduate with a 3.2 GPA while i had the same full time job for 5 years, and full time school, and even recommended by a Navy Captain, also i have my PPL with instrument rating and Commercial cert, with about 300 hours, and GUESS WHAT, I WAS NOT PRO-REC.......i was disappointed, and the Captain said he would see what he can find out......but as it look now, I am working on my CFI, and my last two classes i think i am getting A's so i would have my GPA about 3.4 and my degree confirmed, that is how my package will be updated..........so IT IS VERY COMPETETIVE......good luck

DairyCreamer

I just have to say that I enjoy the fact that my package is already most all together. All I've really got to do is revise my qualifications, get a new transcript sent, and collect a couple more letters of recommendation.

When I get my Pro Rec some day, I even have my EPSQ done :) I guess I'd have to update that as well for some of the latest living info, but, the bulk of the work is done, yay :)

It might be a while, but that's ok, I know itt'l be worth the wait. And I'm still young enough, I have some time before I really need to worry about the age limit.

As a side note... and this may be blasphemous to ask, but... are there any Navy communities that are actually LOOKING for people? I've heard the Navy is looking for Sub officers pretty bad from some friends I have in NROTC up here. Dunno if I want to go sub or what, BUT, I might still consider that an interesting career. I dunno. We'll see I suppose. Aviation is still my dream bar none.

Very well. Talk to you guys later :)

~Nate

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally posted by DairyCreamer
As a side note... and this may be blasphemous to ask, but... are there any Navy communities that are actually LOOKING for people? I've heard the Navy is looking for Sub officers pretty bad from some friends I have in NROTC up here. Dunno if I want to go sub or what, BUT, I might still consider that an interesting career. I dunno. We'll see I suppose. Aviation is still my dream bar none.

Very well. Talk to you guys later :)

~Nate

I hear from my recruiter that they're in great need of nuclear officers, which would be subs like you said. It's not for everyone, but I think it makes for a great deal if you wanna be a lifer. Good luck.

DairyCreamer

Well, e-mailed back my recruiter about stuff. He said that "technically speaking" there is a 6 month minimum between applications, however, his CO at the recruiting station said that if there's ever a significant change that it's ok to re-apply, so thanks Kevin for that info.

He also told me to just keep going after Aviation since that's what I really want to do. The sub force is looking for engineering (and I am one), my GPA is rather significantly lower than what they normally accept though. I dunno, I'll stick it on my application for maybe my #3 choice behind Pilot and NFO. I wonder how I should do it this time around though. Should I just put pilot on there to "guarantee" that if I get in I'm on a pilot billet? I dunno.

Ugh, stress all over again :) If they dont take me again, I'll just have to take next semester and make me even better :)

Alrighty. Have a good one guys.

~Nate

DairyCreamer

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
scared_125.gif
captain_125.gif

Seriously though, how cool would it be to be on a pre-comissioning crew and work on the ship when going through trials? What is that, like a 20 degree list? :) Yay physics!

Luckily it's more intuitive to bank an aircraft the direction you want to turn than get thrown the other way due to, hmm... a LOT of torque :)

~Nate

Originally posted by kevin
nate, that aircraft carrier is tipping over!!!!!!!! LOOKOUT!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.