• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rate of current Jet availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

draad

I know this constantly changes, but does anyone have some SA on how many jet slots have been available recently for Marines? I heard from an IP that they only projected 11 originally for the entire fiscal year and that by january that number had gone up to 22 (still less than one slot available for every other graduating class....). Can anyone who has recently selected (or who have knowledge of the recent selections) provide any info?

And to pre-empt some comments: yes I'm aware of "just expect to not get jets/be happy with what uncle sam pays you to fly" etc. I've already read all those, thanks.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Before you do any "pre-empting", fill out your %*^#@(*&# PROFILE! Not a brilliant start.:yuck_125::yuck_125:
BzB

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
A back door, round about way of asking. FAIL.

Well to be fair, at least he had the initiative to ask for the number of slots this year, so he could crunch the numbers himself to find a percentage instead of asking AW the percentage.... still a douche.

To the OP: asking this question is actually an automatic DQ. You will never get jets now. Sleep tight!

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
No one here at AW has those percentages. If jets and/or FW are all you are interested in flying (and that's fine) then try the USAF where the percentages of selecting helos is not as great as in the USN.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.