• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random thought of the day

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Do the FOs ever has helo bubbas come down as instructors. Pardon the ignorance, never went through FO training.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
How do they compare to the fixed wing guys? Do they like their jobs? Any Marines?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They are like any other instructors, usually can't tell the difference but for their shoulder patch. The guys who had flown with FO's usually had a better perspective on what a FO does but that was usually not a detriment with those who had not flown with FO's.

And yes there were plenty of Marine instructors, no Coasties when I was there though.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lots of helo dudes in the TW-6 squadrons, and plenty of Marines. Ones I know, love it. Build up the FW PIC time in the logbook, very little chance of the student killing you.

The differences between the IP's communities were transparent to the studs. Only tangible difference was that the helo guys were less likely to lecture you on what you'd be doing in the Fleet, than IP's who came from communities with FO's.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Only tangible difference was that the helo guys were, better looking, less likely to lecture you on what you'd be doing in the Fleet, and better sticks overall than IP's who came from communities with FO's.

haha... fixed that for you. I love putting words in people's mouths (ask my wife) and not contributing at all to the conversation because the quesion has already been answered.