• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

random question about ocs and letters

funnygirl3

hi for anyone that has been through OCS, did you write to friends while you were there or mainly just significant other/ family? was it normal for people to get letters from close friends? to me, I thought since they are so busy they would only have enough time to get and write letters to significant others and close family, and writing to a close female friend seems like it's a little much.. I dunno what did other people do? maybe I'm just overreacting and it is normal to hear from close friends to keep things sane?

Green11

Living the dream
I can't speak for other people, but I liked getting letters from anybody. It didn't matter who it was from as long as it wasn't something that will get you in trouble. As for writing them, I only wrote my wife as time was very limited, so don't be surprised if you don't get a reply.

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
Write letters to whoever you want. Receiving mail was a nice treat from both family and friends. You should have enough time to write a sufficient amount of letters on Sundays. Letters won't get you in trouble, but packages can be a different story. Be careful for people sending you pictures, that can be a mixed bag. Wasn't an issue for my class, but YMMV.

EWU12

"That's a true fact"
pilot
Contributor
You usually have time after taps to write one letter before bed. Sundays you usually have a ton of white space to write letters, listen to music on Google (you can access Gmail and music by clicking the tabs WITHIN Google, NOT typing gmail.com or youtube.com). Getting letters in OCS helps you keep your sanity big time.