• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

Fallonflyr

pilot
But to be fair, you had lots of hours behind you, whereas, a new trainee does not. How would a pilot fair with, let's say, 50 actual flight hours under sim only to big wing?
I would say that if a student can make it through an advanced jet (T-38, Goshawk) syllabus they could make the transition. I don’t know about going straight from a T-6. I think the brain needs to adjust to jet speeds.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Been grounded for a while waiting for a part (and we’ve had some winter weather). The part arrived, was replaced (something like five minutes of work) and we have beautiful weather today, so got knock some rust off my flying skills.

Enemy chopper visiting the field for their famous breakfast.
IMG_1506.jpeg

IMG_1505.jpeg

IMG_1504.jpeg

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

SteveHolt!!!

pilot
OK people, WTAF is this silliness?

View attachment 39871
Most of the youths have been asking why we don’t do this for a while, and I think it’s a fair question. If you grew up with tablets, our mission planning and display process probably looks absurd. The vast majority of junior pilots appear to highly prefer navigation and other basic mission tasks with a tablet over the computers organic to the aircraft. This isn’t really available for more advanced mission functions, obviously.

There are obviously issues with implementing a cots tablet as the central mission processing and display system in a naval aircraft, but this really does seem like a vastly more efficient approach than our current software and hardware shitshow.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
This post is all over United States Air Force social media from game day flyover. Notice The detailed technical descriptions of the gear. Gear matters. IMG-20240213-WA0001.jpg

TacticalTater

None
Navy came by to visit last night during night training sorties, I assume these are Whidbey guys.

Attachments

• P8Kingsley1.JPG
    P8Kingsley1.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 12
  • P8Kingsley3.JPG
    P8Kingsley3.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 10