• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This Just in from one of the professional photographer members the SW CHAPTER OF THE AAHF. The 0H6 is a Vietnam combat veteran, shot down a couple of times (as was common for the LOACH). The Cobra in the background did not see combat. Both on loan to the CAF Airbase AZ Museum.
OH-6A 357 at night (002).jpg

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
This Just in from one of the professional photographer members of the SW CHAPTER OF THE AAHF. The 0H6 is a Vietnam combat veteran, shot down a couple of times (as was common for the LOACH). The Cobra in the background did not see combat. Both on loan to the CAF Airbase AZ Museum.
View attachment 38942
Beautiful ship.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
This Just in from one of the professional photographer members the SW CHAPTER OF THE AAHF. The 0H6 is a Vietnam combat veteran, shot down a couple of times (as was common for the LOACH). The Cobra in the background did not see combat. Both on loan to the CAF Airbase AZ Museum.
View attachment 38942
That's the most impeccable OH-6 I've seen. So much awesomeness. I'd shell out serious cash for a chance to fly it.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I’d say the average weekender pilot shouldn’t attempt any “heroic” maneuvers, just get on the ground under control
Honestly when it comes to piston singles, fuel exhaustion is the #1 cause power failures. Keep your tanks full of fuel and free of water and you can almost assuredly be good to go. Mechanical failures more often than not manifest as partial power scenarios. So in this context you are correct, I think.