• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Taylorcraft?
1946 Luscomb. 8A. Sorry to say this flight with my son may have been my last for a very long time. Suffered a stroke a few weeks ago. Just got discharged from from hospital. left hand side. Still not working. Can barely walk in a Walker I am basically wheelchair bound. prognosis good. But many more weeks therapy to go. You never know when your last flight will be. keep that in mind when you man up...

Last edited by a moderator:

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Wink, that sucks the big one. Hate to hear that, especially when you are still still young, by geriatric standards. Keep plugging away with the rehab and follow the doc's orders. I was ultra-fortunate when I had my stroke after the COVID vaccination. I recovered back to near normal within 2 days and only spent 2 days in the hospital. After several visits to cardiologists, neurologists, and wearing a heart monitor 24/7 for a month and nothing showed up, none of the docs could give me a reason for the stroke having occurred. My wish is that you have a similar, albeit, more prolonged recovery and are back to near normal soon. Keep us advised as to your progress.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Had a nice reunion in Seattle/Bellevue with my NAS Pensacola API BOQ neighbor - we were stash Ensigns together. He went on to HSL SH-2F's in Norfolk at the same time I was there flying '46's. After expressing his desire to eventually pursue an airline career, his Skipper helped him lobby for a P-3 transition which he got, to my envy - and he enjoyed a great career flying EP-3's at VQ-2 until retirement. He never went airlines - and is semi retired working for Boeing!

I really enjoy these mini reunions and reminiscing. Good times! IMG_20230822_012219.jpg