• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

GroundPounder

This is how we did air assault in my day!

View attachment 40113
5f7ce56694fce90018f7b857

Hooah.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Hey Chuck, look at at what the Air Force Museum put on display.
I was there for the arrival! Actually it was during our Reserve Muster /AT. Landed at the old Wright Field , just south of WPAFB. A colleague of mine flew the pilot who ferried the plane to their home. It's a great story.

The aircraft was recently repainted - all the museum crew had to do was give it a good wax job, and put preservative fluids in the engine and drain the fuel. It's a standard round dial 180hp 172.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I was there for the arrival! Actually it was during our Reserve Muster /AT. Landed at the old Wright Field , just south of WPAFB. A colleague of mine flew the pilot who ferried the plane to their home. It's a great story.

The aircraft was recently repainted - all the museum crew had to do was give it a good wax job, and put preservative fluids in the engine and drain the fuel. It's a standard round dial 180hp 172.
Here she is in her new home: (under the wing of a B-36 and next to an F-86D). This airplane still has an airworthiness cetificate and current registration. Probably worth over $125K on the market in current condition.

IMG_20240329_132238.jpg